Adoption
Options

Blind Side Special?

I watched it last night and let me say that I LOVED the movie!! I also thought Sandra Bullock was great in her interview last night. I love Leigh Anne- I think she is just a doll- and her daughter is just beauitful!

I have to say I was a tad taken back with the real Michael- it seemed that all he wanted to talk about was how he was not portrayed correctly in the movie- that he never had issues with being aggressive on the football field.

Not once did he thank or say how grateful he was to the Thouy's. There was a part where Mr. Thouy said that Michael thinks this all would have happened with or without them- and I have to disagree- the Thouy family helped him overcome so much and get where he needed to be so he could be successful with football.

That being said, its a great story and all involved are truly remarkable people, I guess I just expected Michael to be more appreciative to the Thouy's.

Any thoughts?

Our Journey from two to three! 3 IUI's, 2 IVF's, decided to move to foster/adopt. 12/24/2009 Baby C born, 2/1/2010 placed with us, 5/17/2011 Adoption final- we are finally a forever family! Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Blind Side Special?

• Options
    I have to respectfully disagree, I did not feel that way.  You can tell that he is extrodinarly shy, he hardly ever made eye contact to the camera or the interviewer.  I am guessing he is just much more quiet about how the Thouys helped him.  Plus sometimese I think interviewers just want to ask questions that poke in the wrong places, and always want to pick an argument about race.  IMO.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Also, he must be under some intense peer pressure by his team mates.  He is still very young, and to have that kind of fame all of a sudden from where he started, is probably overwhelming and he is embarrased in a way, like a kid in high school wanting to be dropped off 2 blocks away from the schol, so not to be seen with his parent.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

imageHElizabethDU:
    I have to respectfully disagree, I did not feel that way.  You can tell that he is extrodinarly shy, he hardly ever made eye contact to the camera or the interviewer.  I am guessing he is just much more quiet about how the Thouys helped him.  Plus sometimese I think interviewers just want to ask questions that poke in the wrong places, and always want to pick an argument about race.  IMO.

I agree- he is a shy guy- and truly a "gentle giant" as he was referred to.

I guess he just wasnt what I expected.

Our Journey from two to three! 3 IUI's, 2 IVF's, decided to move to foster/adopt. 12/24/2009 Baby C born, 2/1/2010 placed with us, 5/17/2011 Adoption final- we are finally a forever family! Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I too have to disagree a bit. I watched the special and don't remember Michael saying he would have done it with or without the Tuohy's. Maybe I missed that though. I think it took all of them working together, including Michael's drive, to make things happen. I've worked with lots of kids and offered them lots of support only to have them not do anything with it. (I'm a mental health counselor and now work in a high school.) Michael is really the one who put the most in to it. Don't get me wrong, the Tuohy's definitely put a lot in to it, but ultimately it was Michael who had to study 24/7 and work out and focus on his goals. He probably wouldn't have achieved it without the resources provided by the Tuohy's, but just the resources is not what made things happen for him. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"