Parenting after 35
Options

6 month Wellness check-up

My little (big) man is growing SO much!  At 18.2lbs and 27" long he's still in the 75th percentile for both and always has been since the day he was born.  I'm getting some serious biceps! LOL 

Anywho, I've been cleared for fruits and veggies...YAY!  she did mention that I should at least give oatmeal a chance and, of course, I will.  I get to see her for his 9month check-up but she said that by that time i'll be feeding him finger food....oh my!

BTW - he sprouted another tooth!  so there are two at the bottom now.  Fingers crossed, so far no Tylenol needed, but I bought a few teethers and some teething gel.  Both seem to be working fine for now.  Also, another set of vaccines today, boooo!  he's sleeping now, poor little guy. 

I just can't believe how quickly time flies!  it's bittersweet.....

XOXO,

Bea

image Nicholas Jacob born on 06/30/2009, 9.5lbs and 21 1/4" long Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Joshua Scott 5.3lbs & Jonathan Matthew 6.2lbs, born 08/31/10 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: 6 month Wellness check-up

• Options

Wow- big boy! Glad everything is going so well!

Okay so Bea, talk to me about teething. At some point, does Sophie no longer do the trick? I saw your post about teethers the other day but knew you were a Sophie fan so I assumed after a while she serves her purpose and there's a need to go "old school." Correct assumption? Just want to be prepared.. :)

• Options

Hi! ... yes you are correct, in my situation, there are times that he will still "gnaw" at Sophie, but other times when his gums are killing him, he wants some serious relief and that falls into the category of anything cold, whether it's teethers, frozen rag, or cold paci (I stuck one in the freezer last night) it helps numb the area.  Obviously our LO's will all react differently, and quite honestly, i'm still waiting for the screaming fits that still have yet to come .. hmmm, if he didn't scream his head off after the vaccine shots, i would have thought he had a pain disorder. Tongue Tied

BTW - Sophie is still one of his favorite toys, it seems he discovers new uses for her all the time, now he bangs her on the cat's head every time she passes by!  LOL

image Nicholas Jacob born on 06/30/2009, 9.5lbs and 21 1/4" long Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Joshua Scott 5.3lbs & Jonathan Matthew 6.2lbs, born 08/31/10 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

Your little one is adorable!

Happy 6 months!

• Options

Way to go Nicholas! I can't believe he's 6 months already.

Hope his teeth don't bug him too much and that he does well with the vaccines.

• Options
    imagebusybea:

BTW - Sophie is still one of his favorite toys, it seems he discovers new uses for her all the time, now he bangs her on the cat's head every time she passes by!  LOL

Excellent!  I just lol'd Smile

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    imagebusybea:

Hi! ... yes you are correct, in my situation, there are times that he will still "gnaw" at Sophie, but other times when his gums are killing him, he wants some serious relief and that falls into the category of anything cold, whether it's teethers, frozen rag, or cold paci (I stuck one in the freezer last night) it helps numb the area.  Obviously our LO's will all react differently, and quite honestly, i'm still waiting for the screaming fits that still have yet to come .. hmmm, if he didn't scream his head off after the vaccine shots, i would have thought he had a pain disorder. Tongue Tied

Maddie didn't have screaming fits with teething. More just "complaining" like a grunting whine. When we found the thing that worked for the moment, she settled. I don't think she actually broke out into a cry/scream at all , so maybe your LOs wont either.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

Wow!  Finger food on the way!

I'm happy he's doing so well, and I still want to see tooth pictures!  :)

You are likely to be eaten by a grue. Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image
  • Options
    imagebusybea:

hahahahaha!!! funny but poor kitty. lol.

glad little big guy is doing so well. none of my children ever seemed too bothered by teething, but that may change for Orchid (still no teeth!!! but her usual pleasant demeanor is noticeably absent today so maybe...). 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"