D.C. Area Babies
Options

medala tubes

hi ladies, for those of you that pump. How often do you clean your medela tubing? I had a weird back up the other morning where there was milk in the tubing so i steam cleaned them and hung them up, but they look growdy right now. any tips??

i have a huge fear I am pumping through moldy tubes now!!

Re: medala tubes

• Options
    The same happened to me. The booklet said to soak the tubes in soapy water, then wash them out with plain water and then hang them to dry. I did that and have no issues now. 
  • Options
    If the water has been sitting in them for more than a day or two, they will most likely become moldy.  I was told to go into an open space, hold a tube on one end, and swing it around in circles over my head like a lasso.  This is supposed to get the moisture out of the tubes (but not mold).  If I were you, I would call Medela and request an extra set.  They will ship them to you for free. 
    BabyFruit Ticker On our way to 3 under 4! DD1 1/22/09 DD2 7/16/10 Baby Boy Due This Summer!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

imagebabypuplove:
    II was told to go into an open space, hold a tube on one end, and swing it around in circles over my head like a lasso.  

Babypuplove, this is such a funny image and almost sounds like a practical joke! I'm sure it's very effective, but I don't think I could ever have done that without dying laughing!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    imageemack:

imagebabypuplove:
    II was told to go into an open space, hold a tube on one end, and swing it around in circles over my head like a lasso.  

Babypuplove, this is such a funny image and almost sounds like a practical joke! I'm sure it's very effective, but I don't think I could ever have done that without dying laughing!

LOL!  I know!  :)  When I did it, our dog would go crazy and jump at me and bark like crazy.  I definitely felt a little foolish.

BabyFruit Ticker On our way to 3 under 4! DD1 1/22/09 DD2 7/16/10 Baby Boy Due This Summer!
  • Options
    thanks! I will call, and also try your fun tip!
  • Options
    I read that even if the tubing is cloudy, it is still clean.  I use the sterilzation bags and although the tubing was cloudy they were clean, if not a little weird!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"