South Florida Babies
Options

1yr birthday ideas?

Hi girls!

So I'm already trying to plan my 2 month old's baby's first birthday party. I wanted to know if anyone had a cool idea or theme. I want to do more than a cake in the house. Please tell me some good 1yr old girl themes or ideas for a first birthday. I would love to hire a childrens party planner company like Tio Fiesta but I live in Palm Beach and I can't find anything like that up here like in Miami. Please share ideas :)

Thanks so much!  TIA

Re: 1yr birthday ideas?

• Options

We did an Abby Cadabby themed bday party for Abby's 1st.. but it was really simple.  I just got the pearlized balloons in pink, purple and light blue and made centerpieces out of galvanized Abby Cadabby buckets and put star "wands" in them.  The cake was done at Publix, but they did an amazing job with the colors and ltitle butterflies and stars all over it, and we just had food from the local cuban bakery. 

we didn't have any entertainment, per say, i just put out a lot of toys and stuff for the kids to plapy with and had a pinata. 

one thing i was told and i'm sure a lot of girls will agree on--- when picking your theme, make sure you pick something with decor that is easily found.  Don't stress out trying to make a theme where you won't find ANYTHING for it!!!  Good luck and wow, planning already!!  I thought I was bad, starting at 4 months LOL 

• Options
    We did a polk a dot theme for her birthday, and used purple and yellow as our main color scheme.  It was cute!  We had one as a main number theme as well.  For instance there was one floral center peice at each of the tables, purple bucket with yellow flowers, on one table and yellow bucket of purple flowers at another. One of each kind of candy in the gift bags, etc. GL
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    We didn't have a theme per se - just went with hot pink and purple.  We held C's birthday party at our house - my family cooked typical puerto rican food, we ordered pastelitos, croquettas, bocaditos and cake from Publix (it was a party package and delish).  Served soda, juices, water, beer and wine.  We played games - pin the tail on the blowup donkey and had a pinata - kids LOVE pinatas.  I printed some coloring pages from online and set a bucket full of crayons.  In the yard, we set up a kiddie pool, hula hoops, water guns, and bubbles.  For the adults - dominoes and music to dance to.  The kids and adults had fun!  If you have a big enough yard - you can rent a toddler bounce house...its really cute and I would have loved one but we have a tiny yard.  GL and happy planning!
  • Options
    Thanks Girls! I think I'm leaning torward Abby Cadabby there are many great possibilities with this theme!
  • Options
    We did a pumpkin theme for our little pumpkin since his party was Thanksgiving weekend. I got a pumpkin cake from Publix and had them change the words from Happy Halloween to Happy Birthday (LOL).  I picked up some pumpkin decor after halloween because it was on sale. I also got pumpkin decorated cookies from a bumpie here, Karina. They were great! My parents ordered some platters and we had bagels and cream cheese and my dad also made awesome cupcakes. We did not have many little kids so it was at my parents house since they have more room. Everyone had a great time!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker

My Blog: SIREN.ORG!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"