Baby Showers
Options

Shower food?

My coworkers insist on hosting a shower for me. I am not a fan of showers - personally, I think its akward opening gifts (that I picked out on a registry) in front of everyone. I really dont like all the attention. But I understand this is about the baby and others want to celebrate our baby - including other friends and family.

So today at work they asked me what type of food I wanted. I have no idea. I would suggest something cheap because I don't want them to spend a lot of money. I suggested pizza (what was served at the last office baby shower) but they said don't just pick that because that's what the last girl picked. But I do like pizza! And I know pizza is prolly the cheapest thing that can be served.  Then I thought of a dessert bar - like a bunch of ice cream and everyone can put on different toppings. I thought it was a different idea - but they said thats not real food. I know they are trying to be nice but I really dont want it to cost a lot. Any suggestions?

Re: Shower food?

• Options
    Wow.  I understand.  I am the same way and don't like for people to spend a lot of money.  I had a Salad Bar at my baby shower.  Mixed Greens, Crumbled cheeses, Cranberries, Nuts, Tomatoes etc.  It was build your own.  At work (I'm a catering Manager), when some one is on a budget I usually suggest a tea party.  Breakfast pastries like croissants, quickbreads, scones, finger sandwiches, butter, preserves (lemon curd and clotted cream if you want to be authentic), assorted iced and hot teas.  It is all very cute and girly.  Hope that helps.
  • Options

I like the salad idea mentioned above.  You could also try a baked potato bar.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    maybe a sandwich platter or a large sub, the platter might work better though so they could have a variety of sandwiches
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers Teterboro 5K 7/16/11 23:22 Tenafly 5K 6/5/11 26:48 1st in age group and stroller division Teterboro 5K 7/17/10 24:42 Lincoln Tunnel 5K 4/25/10 28:18 4 1/2 weeks pp Teterboro Airport 5K 7/18/09 22:35 3rd place age group 4 1/2 weeks pregnant Long Branch 1/2 5/3/09 1:51:07 Lincoln Tunnel 5K 4/26/09 22:22 NJEA 5K 11/7/08 22:30 2nd place age group Westchester 1/2 10/12/08 1:50:16 Teterboro Airport 5K 7/19/08 23:43 Long Branch 1/2 5/4/08 1:54:18 Giant Stadium 5K 4/26/08 error in timing Hackensack 5K 10/14/07 23:55 1st place in age group
  • Options
    We have a place here called Mr Pita...They have a variety of rolled sandwiches.  You can also go to a pizza place and order pasta, breadsticks and salad.  There are also sub shops you can order from  Check out Mexican restaurants that cater as well and it's not too expensive (if you group likes Mexican food).  We've also gotten mid-eastern food...shish kabobs, rice, stuffed grape leaves, homus, taboulee, pita bread.  Yum.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"