Houston Babies
Options

transition to toddler bed

what age did you do this? i know dd's too young for it right now, and she's too wild of a sleeper and would probably fall off the bed.
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: transition to toddler bed

• Options
    we moved Luca at about 18 months.. He ws climbing out.  It was a super easy transition.  We had 1 bad night and never looked back...
  • Options
    We moved her at 15 months. Like Brandi, one bad night and its been smooth sailing since then.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

We were pretty much forced into it around 18 months.  We stayed with my aunt after Hurricane Ike, and my daughter slept in the bed with me for 3 weeks.  Yeah, that was the end of the crib.  When we got home, she screamed for 3 nights until we finally broke down and got a bed for her.

ETA: For myson, we didn't move him until he was almost 3.

• Options
    DD was 20 months. She is also a wild sleeper and has never fallen out.  She's in a converted crib with a toddler rail attached.  I was nervous, but she took to it perfectly.  We're going to transition her to a big bed in a few months so we can use the crib for number two.
  • Options
    Alex was almost 3.  He never tried climbing out, so I wanted to keep him in the crib until he was a little older and i could reason with him a little more and he would understand he had to stay in bed.  (Ha - reason with a 3 yr old?)

He took to it pretty well and we had no big issues!
    Mom to Alex - 8.29.06, Foster - 1.22.09, Emily - 6.24.11 imageimageLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    About 18 months. We were pushed a bit by the fact we needed the crib for Abby. The first couple of days we found her sleeping on the floor but it was because of the new freedom of getting out, not falling. It was much easier then I though it would be.
    Crazy Christmas Kids!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

We did it when Lucas was around two and half in preparation for travel. It was so easy at this point. He did not mind at all and slept in a real bed at our destination without issue.

I thought it would be harder because he always liked his crib and never tried to get out...

• Options
    about 15 months...she was starting to climb out of her crib and so I thought it was safer to make it to a toddler bed. 
    Lisa. mommy to Emmy and Ally image
  • Options
    We moved DS at 20 months. He was climbing out of the crib. He was a wild sleeper too and I was worried, but he has only fallen out one time. It was an easy transition.
  • Options

We moved DS at 24 months.  We of course put a rail on the bed and he did great.  We did have some issues when he realized that he could climb out of the bed.  However I think it only took a couple of days before he realized that he had to stay in the bed.  He too is a wild sleeper and so far has never fallen out of the bed.  At 28 months we removed the rail (the bed is a racecar bed that sits super low to the ground) and he still does great.  Hope this helps!  Happy Holidays and God Bless!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    July Siggy Challenge Favorite Ice Cream - Cookies N Cream
    <a href="http://www.thenest.com/?utm_source=ticker&utm_medium=HTML&utm_campaign=tickers" title="D
  • Options
    We got him a toddler bed the week before his second birthday. He never tried to climb out of his crib so we were never forced into transitioning him but he was a wild sleeper so we waited longer because I didn't want him to constantly fall out of bed. We got a toddler bed with built in side rails and kept pillows on the floor. He fell out once and it took him a week to really get comfortable with his bed and then he loved it.
  • Options
    Joshua was 19ish months.  I think we are going to leave Gabriel in his crib a little longer.
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"