Florida Babies
Options

new to board/OB?GYN question

Hi everyone, I'm new to this board, and I have a very specific question. I just found out I'm pregnant last week. I haven't even made any doctor appointments yet. My almost 4 year old daughter who was born via c-section, and I really don't want to have another c-section. I know most doctors will make you have another c-section, so I was wondering if anyone knew of a doctor who will let you have a vbac. I live in the Hudson area, but this is so important to me, I would consider doctors from Spring Hill to Tampa to Clearwater. Thanks for any input. 
Pregnancy Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: new to board/OB?GYN question

• Options

Welcome, and congrats! This board is usually pretty slow... you might want to check out the WCF Nest board, there are a LOT of PG women there. :)

Most doctors will actually allow you to have a VBAC if that's what you want in your birth plan, IF it's safe for you to do so. I go to Lerner, Rudolph, McCance and associates in Clearwater (they also have an office in Palm Harbor). I would call whatever references you get first and ask to talk to them about their policy (if they have one) on VBACs before you actually make an appointment. :)

https://www.womenscarefl.com/index.cfm/fuseaction/site.content/mode/dtl/type/40031/post/34441.cfm

• Options
    My dr is Dr. Umstead in Trinity.  I don't know if it's because of my medical history, but after having a c-section, he and I discussed a vbac for my next pregnancy.  He does them and is willing to do it if it's safe.  He just wanted me to be aware that if it's not safe, when the time comes, in my situation, he won't do it.  I'm fine with that...just want to know that I, so far, have that option in the future, but if I HAVE to have a c-section then I will do that.
    BabyFetus Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Tickerimageimage
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

Also make sure the hospital you want to deliver at does them. Most in Tampa do not. Mortan Plant in Clearwater does.

GL!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"