3rd Trimester
Options

s/o of hospital bag post, my list if you are interested

This is my list, the italics are for labor and delivery and the regular is for recovery two different bags, we are planning to go med-free which is why all the extras.  It still seems like a lot.

Hospital bag

Ice packs

James bathing suit

pads

Panty liners

Hemorrhoid cream

Mom home outfit

nipple cream

Nursing bras

Nursing pads

Robe

Pj?s

Slippers

journal

boppy

Camera

Video camera

Pacifier

Baby home outfit

blanket

lavendar lotion and oil

tennis balls

Hair bands and brush

Toilitries toothbrush, paste, shampoo, masscara, deodorant

Money

Puzzle books and distractions, cards

gateraid

Paper work folder

Natural M/c 12/13/08 at 8w5d 

Pregnancy Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: s/o of hospital bag post, my list if you are interested

• Options

A Journal? Do you really think your going to have time to write in it? lol Also what is a James Bathing suit?

• Options
    Haha!  I have "Phill's bathing suit" on my list.  Its so Dh can get in the shower with you and help you if you need it. 
    Asher Benjamin and Lola Aisling

Infertility
    PCOS, Progesterone Deficiency Disorder, Multiple Miscarriage
    Clomid, Metformin, Ovadril, PIO, P17 Iron/Platlet Tranfusion

My Spring Babies! 
    <3 Angel Baby   Elisabeth Adelle  April 2008 <3
    Asher Benjamin  April 2010
    Lola Aisling  May 2014
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

lol, no it's my pregnancy journal with all my medical information and my whole pregnancy information etc... has my birth plan and stuff like that.

James is my DH they said if he wants to get in the shower with me and rub my back that's fine, but he needs a bathing suit, they don't mind naked mom's but don't want to see naked dh's, hahaha

Pregnancy Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

imageHollysmoffett:
    Haha!  I have "Phill's bathing suit" on my list.  Its so Dh can get in the shower with you and help you if you need it. 

For like a water birth?

• Options
    ?? Don't you want your soap and shampoo in the Labor and Delivery bag? At our hosiptal you have to take a shower before they will move you to recovery.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    imagejinnymb:

lol, no it's my pregnancy journal with all my medical information and my whole pregnancy information etc... has my birth plan and stuff like that.

James is my DH they said if he wants to get in the shower with me and rub my back that's fine, but he needs a bathing suit, they don't mind naked mom's but don't want to see naked dh's, hahaha

LOL I can see why. Okay gotcha :) Your list is great, i plan to go meds free to and I copied some of your stuff to bring too!!!

• Options

imagevshadd00:
    ?? Don't you want your soap and shampoo in the Labor and Delivery bag? At our hosiptal you have to take a shower before they will move you to recovery.

That's a good point, I wasn't sure if you showered before you went or not.

• Options
    imageilovemyprince:

A Journal? Do you really think your going to have time to write in it? lol Also what is a James Bathing suit?

Not sure about the OP, but in my case, I'm taking a journal, but it's not so I can fill my free time by keeping a diary for fun - it's to make notes of stuff that my pediatrician has said she will want to know . . . how often is baby feeding, how many wet/dirty diapers etc.  I'm pretty sure I won't remember those things unless I write them down!

ds #1 | our perfect miracle born 39w1d | 12.9.2009 loss #1 | natural m/c 7/2010 (~8w) loss #2 | chemical pregnancy 6/2011 (4w4d) loss #3 | chemical pregnancy 7/2011 (4w3d) loss #4 | natural m/c 11/2011 (10w1d) RPL Testing 12/2011. Results 100% normal. ds #2 | our 2nd perfect miracle born 36w3d | 12.31.2012
  • Options
    No like to wash your hair for you the next day or help you get clean.  My brother in law had to help my sister. 
    Asher Benjamin and Lola Aisling

Infertility
    PCOS, Progesterone Deficiency Disorder, Multiple Miscarriage
    Clomid, Metformin, Ovadril, PIO, P17 Iron/Platlet Tranfusion

My Spring Babies! 
    <3 Angel Baby   Elisabeth Adelle  April 2008 <3
    Asher Benjamin  April 2010
    Lola Aisling  May 2014
  • Options

imagevshadd00:

Weird. At mine, you can't take a shower until you're IN recovery.

FWIW, my hospital provides the ice packs, pads, witch hazel pads, etc. as well as a pacifier (Soothie)

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

I planned for an unmedicated birth with my first and waaaaaaay overpacked and ended up bringing two bags with me - I brought magazines and hemorrhoid pads and regular pads the whole works - the hospital will provide most things like pads and cream for hemmorids - and ice packs...

I didn't bother bringing PJs either, because I wore mesh undies the whole time I was there and didn't want to soil my PJs...I'm down to one small bag this time around...

As for your journal - you'll want that for the days after birth to write things in :) I brought mine the first time and was glad I did...

• Options
    imageNicole731:

imagevshadd00:

Weird. At mine, you can't take a shower until you're IN recovery.

FWIW, my hospital provides the ice packs, pads, witch hazel pads, etc. as well as a pacifier (Soothie)

I think all hospitals provide this stuff.  I wouldn't waste space in your bag. 

Also, I cant imagine being allowed to shower before going to recovery let alone wanting to.  The next day sure but right after delivery? 

• Options

imageHollysmoffett:

Ummmm....  Why would your DH have to be clothed in the shower... with you?  lol...  I'd *think* you've already seen him naked - since you know...  you're having his baby.  tee-hee...

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    imageThe Warrens:

imageHollysmoffett:

Ummmm....  Why would your DH have to be clothed in the shower... with you?  lol...  I'd *think* you've already seen him naked - since you know...  you're having his baby.  tee-hee...

Because if the mom plans to water labor, since she is doing a natural birth, her DH can rub her back and sooth her in the shower and when the nurses walk in they won't see her DH goodies.

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers image
  • Options

With my last two babies, my hospital gave me some of that stuff like nipple cream, hemorrhoid stuff, pads (I didn't use my own till I got home), a pacifier (though we didn't use it for several weeks).  After having two babies, all I can say is pack as light as possible because if you have visitors, they will bring even more stuff.  I packed using a similar list with my first and most of it went untouched.

• Options

imagevshadd00:

Wow, at mine, they don't even give the option for a shower till you're in your post partum room!  It's amazing how different hospitals are.

• Options
    imageNELCORP:
    imageThe Warrens:

imageHollysmoffett:

Because if the mom plans to water labor, since she is doing a natural birth, her DH can rub her back and sooth her in the shower and when the nurses walk in they won't see her DH goodies.

OOOOOHHHHH.....  Duh.  I'm an *sshole.  Sorry!  lol....  I was thinking in the shower - after having the baby - - - nobody around to see - lol...

• Options
    imageThe Warrens:
    imageNELCORP:
    imageThe Warrens:

imageHollysmoffett:

OOOOOHHHHH.....  Duh.  I'm an *sshole.  Sorry!  lol....  I was thinking in the shower - after having the baby - - - nobody around to see - lol...

Don't worry, I was thinking the same thing, but my hospital has never offered the option of getting in the shower during labor.  It wasn't until I read through a few of the responses that I realized what they were talking about.  I was on the same page you were.

• Options
    imagejinnymb:

...they don't mind naked mom's but don't want to see naked dh's..

This made me LOL!!!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"