Postpartum Depression
Options

did you know....

That people with financial strains are more likely to get PPD?

My husband informed me of this today at lunch. He learned it in his research of how to understand what Im going through. We are very lucky and I feel blessed not to be in this category but it got me thinking......

Could the fact that Im a worrier about money and always have been (grew up very poor) that is leading my PPD on? We have a 3 year old and twin babies not to mention just buying a new house. I know in my head that we have to money to pay our bills but I honestly get HIVES, yes, I get hives, when I spend money. So it would lead me to believe that money, saddly, could be  a huge part of my depression. 

So where do I go from here? Not a damn clue. lol

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: did you know....

• Options
    well not exactly sure what you would do about it, but maybe just recognizing that this is true for you will help? I absolutely think that having financial issues will increase your chances of PPD, I think it increases your chances of depression and anxiety period regardless of if you are a new mom or not.
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers Broken boob FFing, babywearing, co-sleeping, PPD warrior,colic survivor, proud WAHM! Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Momma Maven In The Making!
  • Options

I would agree. People always say money can't buy happiness, but it does make things a lot easier (at least a little). When we have a good amount of money floating around I am a little less stressed about certain things. Obviously many of my issues don't disappear, but if I'm having a horrible day I don't going out to get some sushi for example.

If we have a little less floating around, I worry about something happening and draining our savings. My dad had cancer 2x's and ended up with almost a million dollars in bills (after insurance paid their portion). Things like that go through my mind all the time...

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I concur!  My PPD didn't onset until this week's financial freakout for me!  Thankfully, I just deferred my student loan payments for 6 months and that will definitely help out a lot with finances.  At any rate, I can't believe you actually get hives!  That's a biggie.  I can completely see how your history makes you so nervous about money.  Just count your blessings, save when you can, and relax in knowing that things are being taken care of.  You're truly blessed...now back to my craptastic cup o noodles (I feel like a college student again!).
  • Options
    This must be true, because I was fine for the first month and then once all the bills came and financial troubles set in I really kind of "went over the edge" so to say..
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Daisypath Wedding tickers
  • Options
    imagepampyles:

That people with financial strains are more likely to get PPD?

My husband informed me of this today at lunch. He learned it in his research of how to understand what Im going through. We are very lucky and I feel blessed not to be in this category but it got me thinking......

Could the fact that Im a worrier about money and always have been (grew up very poor) that is leading my PPD on? We have a 3 year old and twin babies not to mention just buying a new house. I know in my head that we have to money to pay our bills but I honestly get HIVES, yes, I get hives, when I spend money. So it would lead me to believe that money, saddly, could be  a huge part of my depression. 

So where do I go from here? Not a damn clue. lol

i'm actually writing my psychology research paper on PPD and one section of the research is just this. 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"