Working Moms
Options

Do you ever call your DCP...

...just to check in for the day? Some days I want to call and see how B is getting along but I restrain myself from doing so. I figure if there's a problem, DCP will call me.
BabyFruit Ticker

Re: Do you ever call your DCP...

• Options

I do not, but our center has webcams, so I do check on her a couple times a day.  Not sure what I would do if they didn't have them... 

BTW-- I was there at lunch for 'Thanksgiving' and a parent called the room, so i think it is pretty common if you felt like checking in.

• Options

My nanny, no, I don't call.  As you said, I figure she'll call if there is an issue.  I just feel that she'll take it like i'm checking on her/ not confident in her.

My parents, though, for some reason I'll call them once if not twice!  They know it's just becasue I miss DS and want to talk about him - so it's no issue. 

"Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy."
    ~Benjamin Franklin

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    DS dx with celiac disease 5/28/10

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    No, I figure she will call me if there's a problem. If I forgot to tell her something important I will call her while I am at work to tell her. I do try to make it few and far between b/c that means that attention is being taken away from the children.
  • Options
    I do. Our DCP was really up front letting us know that we can call anytime. I guess it's just peace of mind, but I love to know what DD is up . I don't always call, but once in a while I do.
  • Options
    No, but they go to a center. If it was in someone's house, you bet.
  • Options
    At that age, absolutely. DS started at an in-home daycare at 4 months and I called at least once a day for a while. He moved to a center at 8 months and I only call if I'm worried about him getting sick, etc but they have a camera and I log in for a min or two several times a day.
    2007 BFP#1 MMC 12w; 2008 BFP#2 DS1; 2010 BFP#3 DS2; 2011 TTC; 2013 Pursuing DIA
  • Options
    Once in a while. Usually if he's had an off morning or if I'm just being a worry wart. Last week he had tubes put in so I called and actually had a great chat with his main teacher who I really don't get much time with. It was a 'light baby' day so she had a few minutes to spare. Worked out well as we both had been thinking he needed a change in nap routine but hadn't had a chance to talk about it.
  • Options
    When my girls were in the infant room, I called more often as they had a phone in the room and often answered it anyway - if no one was in the office.  Now I don't call unless one of the girls had a really bad night or rough morning.  Even then, I mention it to the teachers and sometimes they call me just to let me know how my LO is doing.  I love the teachers at my girls school as they do go out of their way to do things like this.  They always call if they really need to.
    Jenni Mom to DD#1 - 6-16-06 DD#2 - 3-13-08 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"