Breastfeeding
Options

Anyone work shifts?

I went back to work last week, and M-W I was working days, and pumping was going well, I was pumping 18-24oz at work, and LO takes 28-32oz/day so I was more than keeping up. Then I had to work thursday night, and then 24hrs Saturday morning to sunday morning.  My supply seemed to drop over this time, to the point where Sunday I only was able to pump about 10oz and then nurse in the afternoon and evening, and I ended up giving her a bottle of EBM at bedtime because I just didn't have enough milk for her to nurse.  This morning before work I pumped and only got about 5oz, compared to the 7-8 I usually get in the morning before work.  My question is, does anyone else who works shifts find that it really messes with you milk supply? or should I be investigating to find another cause. 

TIA!

Re: Anyone work shifts?

• Options
    I work 12-hour nights and go back to work this weekend. Everyone that I have talked to has said that their supply has suffered when they went back to work, so I don't know if it's stress or the lack of sleep, and no one seemed to have any advice on how to counter it. Sorry if I'm not much help

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"