Success after IF
Options

Former IVFers - sex question.

When did your RE give you the ok to snuggle up to your DH again? It's been sooo long for us. Maybe...since sometime in September? Yikes. I have another u/s this Friday and I'm hoping that if everything is okay, my RE will give us the okay.

Baby Beau
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
TTC #1 for 5 years - Many years, many tears 3 Clomid IUIs all BFN IVF#1 w/ ICSI = BFP!!!! Beta #1 - 157 11dp3dt, Beta #2 - 340 13dp3dt

FET for #2 9/1/11 Beta #1 9dp5dt - 153!!! Beta #2 11dp5dt - 426!!! Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
Psalm 113:9 He settles the barren woman in her home as a happy mother of children. Praise the LORD.

Re: Former IVFers - sex question.

• Options

I remember asking around 5-6 weeks and they said we could then. Of course, then I started spotting and then they told us to wait.

I believe as long as you have no complications you should be OK. Sadly enough though, I'm 17 weeks now and we've only had sex once since our BFP b/c I had spotting again a couple of weeks ago and we were too afraid!

GL!

• Options

I think I was about 5 maybe 6 weeks. I asked my nurse and she said it was fine so we did. I was on the phone with the nurse about something else and the whole time dh is in the background loudly saying "Ask if we can do it now, ask when we can have sex", very classy:)~

ETA: We were never told we could not, we just did not b/c I was too worried. I never had any bleeding.

For DD - IVF/ICSI #1 - BFP / For DS - dIUI #1 - BFP Dx:severe MFI-Y Chromosome Microdeletion Isabel born 10-15-08! / Baby Boy EDD July 2013 imageLily  pie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    We got the OK at 10w2d but probably would have before that if my ovaries hadn't been the size of grapefruits for over a month! GL to you! I will say it has been ALL good since! Embarrassed
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

I had some bleeding around 7 weeks and 10 weeks.  In between the bleeding I got the ok and we tried once but it was a major failure.  After the 10 week bleed, we didn't try again, and then at my 12 week OB appointment, he said we were good to go.  I wasn't really in the mood again until 15 weeks, though.

If you haven't had any complications, I would bet that your doctor will tell you to go ahead and do it now!  I know, it is hard to go so long without it.

• Options
    I was never released.  I don't know if it's the twin thing or what, but my RE said no and my OB said no too, even before I had bleeding and they found my subchorionic hematoma.  We haven't had sex since the end of June.  :(
    image Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I was never told to abstain, even during the 2ww and after BFP, but was put on pelvic rest at 12 weeks due to placenta previa.

After 2 rounds of IVF & 2 rounds of FET, we were blessed with identical twin girls!

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Options

in my last appt. w/the RE (10 weeks) i asked if thought it was okay for us to have sex yet (we asked at each appt.). he said, "gently." course, thoughout my pg, i am limited in my activity. no lifiting, no twisting and i can only do moderate cardio, b/c of my significant surgery on my uterus to remove a large fibroid on the exterior wall (also the reason i am a guaranteed c-section at 38 weeks, my uterus can't go into labor w/o risking both the baby's and my lives).

"A friend loves at all times..." Pr. 17:17 MY GOOGLEPAGES BIO imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    It was months for us! I was on pelvic rest cause I was a bleeder, so i was in my second tri when we had sex again!
    2vc9jsg.jpg

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Options
    I really hope its something I will be allowed to do by at least 12-13 weeks, my husbands coming home from Iraq after a year long deployment, I am sure he'd be pretty bummed :( Hell I would be bummed!!!
  • Options
    My RE said it was okay now...but I would be on pelvic rest around 16 weeks due to issues with incompetent cervix...so unfortunately we are not doing anything until after the baby is here...a long 9+ months.
  • Options
    After my ultrasound at 7weeks 5days when we saw the heartbeat.
  • Options
    Every Dr. is different but here is my story. We were told to wait until 12 weeks. I had heard you can bleed after it so I didn't even want to go there. Then I found out I had placenta previa. So no sex at all for us. Then the baby was born and I was just not in the mood. Finally after 11 months we had sex.
  • Options
    We havent since I started stims in Sept. We were given the go ahead @ my 8week appt. But I'm sooo scared. DH is being a good sport about it,but every once in awhile I notice hes a little stressed. I have my 10week appt on friday-if everything is good I might do it!!
  • Options
    I was told No until 10+ weeks due to very swollen ovaries and some spotting. 
    H: 34 dx Azoospermia due to CBAVD from CF  
    ME: 39 IS FINE!!!  DOR and poor AMH/FSH/LH
    IVF/ICSI/PESA #1 Beta 1 373 Beta 2 1783 BOY/GIRL TWINS!! Born April 2010!!
    Natural FET 5/26/12 2 blasts Beta 1 207 Beta 2 513 Beta 3 1377 U/S 6/28 Pregnancy not viable d & c scheduled :( 
    IVF/ICSI/PESA #2 ER 11/15/12 Nothing to transfer :( 
    IVF/ICSI #3 April 2013 MDLF 3dt of 3 embryos, chemical :(  
    IVF #4/ICSI/MESA/CCS/FET EPP April 2015
    ODWU CCRM with Dr. Sch COMPLETE!!!! Put on acai supplement they are studying for DOR and embryo quality.
    DAY 3 Labs Drawn 2/26 put on vitamin D and calcium supplements
    Regroup and Protocol Reveal 3/04 "Bazooka Protocol" EPP with MDLF "Protocol 6 with patches"
    ER/MESA 4/10 ER 9 eggs retrieved MESA success found live swimmers :)
    Fertilization Report 6 eggs mature and ICSI'd 4 eggs fertilized normally
    Day 6 Report to Blast for CCS 4/16: 2 DAY 5 BLASTS BIOPSIED FOR CCS a 4AB and a 3AB!!!!
    CCS Results BOTH BLASTS CCS NORMAL!!!!!!  call on 4/24
    Regroup call to discuss CCS results and FET call on 5/20
    FET prep: CD 1 6/08 CD 3 Start BCP 6/10, HSG 6/12 Lupron Start 10 iu 6/17 End BCP 6/21 CD 1 6/23!!!
    Start vivelle patches 6/25 change e/o/d reduce Lupron to 5iu 6/25 Blood Draw 7/01, 7/08, 7/15, 7/19
    Increase vivelle patches 7/03 2 change e/o/d and 7/05 change e/o/d 3 and 7/07 4 change e/o/d add vaginal estrace 2x a day
    Lining Check/Blood Draw 7/08 and 7/15 End Lupron 7/18  Start PIO 1ml daily 7/18  Blood  Draw 7/19
    Flight to clinic 7/22
    FET 2 CCS BLASTS :):)  7/23 :):) YES YES both thawed and both fully expanded :):)
    7/26 :):) 3dp5dt PM very very faint positive FRER
    7/27: 4dp5dt Neg Digi AM but very very faint positive FRER PM POSITIVE DIGI CLEARBLUE PREGNANT 1-2 :):) 
    7/31:8dp5dt AM POSITIVE DIGI CLEARBLUE PREGNANT 2-3!!!! :):) 
    Beta 1 8/01= 408!!!!!!!!!! at 9dp5dt FET
    Beta 2 8/03 = 1014!!!!!!!!!! at 11dp5dt FET
    8/05/2015 AM POSITIVE DIGI CLEARBLUE PREGNANT 3+!!!! :):) 
    First Ultrasound: 8/20!!!!!! TWINS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  Genetics says BOTH BOYS!!!!!!!!!
    Second Ultrasound: 9/03!!!!!!!!!!

• Options
    We were given OK after our first u/s. We've taken it easy since I"m still doing suppositories and am a little sensitive. I sort of plan it before our upcoming u/s so I can be sure it's not hurting anything, ha!
  • Options
    It is the same thing with us - since Sept.  My RE gave me the okay yesterday - but I am still too scared - plus I do not think DH will come near me until after the first tri - so I few more months for me.  I am just so scared of doing it and then bleeding or spotting - that would ruin it for me for the whole pregnancy - I am probably being silly - but I will wait.
  • Options
    We got the all clear after 12 weeks.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    2 chem preg, 4 failed IUIs, 2 canc IVFs, 2 BFN IVFs, IVF #5 = BFP!!!
    3/23 Beta #1 @ 17dpo = 913, Beta #2 @ 19dpo = 1724, Beta #3 @ 21 dpo = 3240
    First u/s 3/29 @ 5 weeks 2 days - 3 sacs 6 weeks 3 days - 3 heartbeats 8 Weeks - Lost Baby C, Babies A and B going strong
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I started stims for this cycle August 29 and it was about a week or so before that the last time we had sex.  So, it's been a while!  My OB said to wait until after 14 weeks, and then just have gentle boring sex.  I'm still scared to do it even then, but I haven't been feeling like it anyway since my m/s is at night and I get horrible headaches.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"