Stay at Home Moms
Options

What kind of daily activities do you plan for your kids?

I have 2 year old twin boys, and I have recently taken an interest in educational activities and carfts since they are no longer interested in their toys...

For Halloween we made scary hats, decorated cookies, and colored Halloween sheets. But it was all in the spirit of the holiday. But they REALLY enjoyed it and it kept their interest.

Does anyone know of any Christmas activities or crafts for toddlers? Or maybe website suggestions?

Re: What kind of daily activities do you plan for your kids?

• Options

This is a great site for fun, easy craft projects:

https://www.notimeforflashcards.com/

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Day to day stuff, we mostly go out to museums, zoos, playdates and interactive things.  Seasonal stuff, we'll do things like bake cupcakes and various art stuff.  I really like a lot of the suggestions and activities at Family Fun.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

my daughter loves play doh, water color paints, just got some of the crayola special finger paints that only work on special paper-she loves those,

you can google crafts for toddlers/kids and a bunch of things come up.   puppets with paperbags

we try to do some music time everyday-dancing or singing songs.   build with blocks, when nice we hit the park. 

christmas activities--ornaments (cut round paper and get out the glitter, markers, stickers.   we have made/are making gift bags-brown paper bags, markers, stickers and ribbon.   cut out a green christmas tree and let them decorate.  make cookies and let them do the sprinkles!!

• Options
    I found a bunch of "elf" hats at the dollar store and grabbed a big bag of Pom Pom's.  Let your LO's adhere the Pom Pom's to the hat w/ glue.  Give them glitter to add here and there. 
  • Options

cut paper snowflakes

make a santa face on a paper plate with cut out construction paper and cotton ball beard

stamp paint three circles on blue/black paper to make a snowman - draw eyes, glue sticks for arms, etc. etc.  

string popcorn

peanut butter and bird seed spread on a pine cone and hung as a bird feeder

glue sequins, wadded up tissue paper squares, etc or stick star/ornament stickers on Christmas tree cut out

Collect fall leaves from the ground and make leaf rubbings

go on a walk, take pics of seasonal things (acorns, pile of leaves, christmas lights, santa figure on a doorstep, etc) then glue pics to paper and attach by a ring to make a personal holiday "book"

(chocolate dipped) pretzels in big marshmallows to make reindeer heads - raisin eyes, red hot nose, etc - you get the idea

upside down green hand print makes a good christmas tree

bells.  something with jingle bells...maybe just some kind of "instrument" to make listening to christmas music even awesomer

discussion/pics/books about the changing of the trees because of the season

make cards for family members

read a holiday book and make something that you read about (not very specific, I know) 

Have fun! 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"