Babies: 0 - 3 Months
Options

Mastitis... Boo!

So last night I had some pain and tenderness in my left breast. I woke up in the middle of the night to find it much worse, and had a fever too. I slept in later than usual, but just felt like crap all morning - nausea, chills, fever, aches, headache... I went to the DR this afternoon and found out that it was mastitis and was given an antibiotic to get rid of it. Now I just need to figure out how to sleep through the pain. It was so intense last night that I hardly got any sleep at all. Do you have any advice to decrease the pain and make me more comfortable so I can sleep?

Re: Mastitis... Boo!

• Options
    My OB let me take 600mg Motrin every 6 hours when I had it.
    - E. Peterson NestBaby Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    I take Aleve for pain and I pump.  Hope you feel better soon.
    Mom to Harmon 1/17/08 and twins Rachel & Callum 8/28/09 Photobucket 29o0v13.jpg
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I'm afraid my clogged duct is going to turn into mastitis. It hurts so much! I'm trying to pump often and massage it. Sorry you're in pain! Hopefully it goes away soon!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Thanks! LO is asleep now so I'm going to try and do the same. Have a good night!
  • Options
    This happened to me as well. I massaged the crud out of my breast, used warm moist compresses and nursed very very frequently on that side even though it hurt! It cleared up in about 2 days. I didn't use antibiotics or pain relief for mine but I don't think it got really bad. I never want to have it again though!
    BabyFruit Ticker
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"