Pregnant after a Loss
Options

poor dh..his mom has no clue

So last week dh called his mom to tell her that I'm pg and she didn't really even act like she cared. His sister is pg too due about a month behind me and MIL talked about her the whole time and then had dh googling air line tickets for her to go over seas (sil and hubby are stationed in Japan) to be there for the birth. DH has lived 4 states away for 12 years and she has never been here to visit. He was working and going to school full time for years so it has been hard for us to visit them. On several different occasions we have offered to pay for her to come here but she  said that she couldn't travel that far because of her back but she can fly to Japan..wtf? She has made no mention of visiting us after the baby comes. He is the only one of his family that has not had a kid before 20, owns a house and graduated from college and his mother has never told him she is proud of him but she is over the moon that her 19 year old daughter is pg. I know it really hurts his feeling, I feel bad for him. Thank god he has my family who he is really close to and that is always telling him how proud they are but it doesn't make up for his mom being ignorant. OK vent over

Re: poor dh..his mom has no clue

• Options

That is really frustrating! I can't believe how rude that is. I hope she comes around and gets excited for him too! My DH's mom is like that too! It is so frustrating.

• Options
    That sucks.  Sounds similar in a lot of ways to my DH's family.  He's also quite close with my family.  I'm sure your families support means more than he even lets on.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"