Baby Names
Options

Generation Gap

So my DH is older than I am (he's 47 and I'm 30).  Today he said he liked the name Tiffany and was surprised that I didn't.  When he hears the name he thinks of the jewelry store, when I hear it I think of the singer and her mall tour.

P.S. I did love Tiffany, just can't name my daughter after her! 

Re: Generation Gap

• Options
    I'm with you. Tiffany just strikes me as overly 80s.
  • Options
    imageTacoBaby:

I hear it I think of the singer and her mall tour.

ha ha ha, I'm 37 and this is exactly what comes to mind.Stick out tongue

Heather

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Yep.  80's all day long.
    Sadie is not impressed.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    "This ribbon has been reported." - lovesnina
  • Options
    Total 80s name! I think of big hair and stonewashed jeans!
    S- March 09 E- Feb 12 L- May 15

• Options

I think '80s because of the singer and I knew a lot of girls named that growing up in the '80s.

I also think it's a male/female thing. He probably wouldn't have listened to Tiffany even if he were younger.

• Options
    Yes, it's an 80s name, but I've always thought it was really pretty. I can see our grandchildren using it on their children and thinking it is very "retro"! All those 80s names (Jessica, Jennifer, etc) will come back again...but not for a long time :)
  • Options

imageLittleMamaB:
    I'm with you. Tiffany just strikes me as overly 80s.

This. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Oh, blech! My husband suggested this name for our first daughter, and I laughed and laughed because I thought he was joking! Seriously - it's such a stripper name to me. I apologize in advance for offending people named Tiffany or for those whom have used it with their children; but it's so horrible!
  • Options
    I had to show my husband your replies so he would understand it's not just me who thinks it!!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"