Detroit Babies
Options

Fabric Stores...... Where did they all go???? Help

Other than JoAnnes are there other fabric stores around here? I use to LOVE Hancok Fabrics but its gone (the one on Dequindre in Warren). I know there are online shops to order the fabric, but I kind of like seeing what I am buying when it comes to fabric (werid I know). I go to the JoAnnes on John R in Madison Hts and I am begining to think that they think I have no life, I picked up sewing again and I am making the girls a TON of skirts and dresses, and I think I'm becoming a regular.... Kind of want to change things up a bit.

Re: Fabric Stores...... Where did they all go???? Help

• Options
    There is one called Calico Corners in Novi.  I was there years ago.  It was a nice place with lots of choices.
  • Options

I think there's still at Hancock Fabrics in Redford (I-96 & Inkster).

Also, I've seen fabric at the South Lyon Walmart, I was impressed.

GL!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    There is a Haberman's Fabric on Main Street in Royal Oak.  I think it's around Lincoln (10 1/2 Mile Road).  I don't do too much with fabric, but there are always really pretty things in their window displays!
  • Options

There is a Stewart Fabrics on Woodward and 13-14 Mile area.

Habermans is on Main Street in Royal Oak, before downtown area, between 1-696 and 11 Mile Road.  Closer to 696.

Walmart has fabric section.

Ikea in Canton has fabric - some pretty and funky and unusual patterns.

In St. Clair Shores, there is a fabric store on Greater Mack and 9 Mile area - name escapes me now.  Could it be a Calico Corners too?  Might have more home fabrics than clothing fabrics.

If you want to go into downtown Detroit, there is Zemco's.  Really neat place. Been around forever.  Down by Grand Circus Park.

TTC #1 for over 5 years - too many to count IF treatments (tried everything and anything), repeat miscarriages. Finally, Sticky Success!! B/G Twins arrived 2011. VOTE on my Name List Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    WOW thanks! I forgot about Ikea! I was think lookin for some funky patterns for skirts for the girls maybe I'll go there. Hey even make one for myself.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"