TTC History

Me: 26 DH: 27

TTC #1 | June '18-August '18 | DD | Born April 21, 2019 | Due May 10, 2019

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

TTC#2 | June '20-February '21 | DS | Due October 27, 2021

Lilypie Maternity tickers

Re: Weekly Randoms w/o 6.28

• Options
    Maternity and newborn photos: this is always a huge point of contention between DH and I. He thinks they are a waste of money and phone pics are good enough. I have a ton of regret from the pics from DD as none of my maternity pics are with DH and we have no family pics from her newborn session. I found a photographer in our area that does 1 hr of family maternity pics and 2 hrs of family newborn pics for $525 (which is about average for our area, I know this price varies widely across the country) and he’s freaking out that it’s not worth it and why can’t my mom just do it (who is not anywhere close to being a professional, she just has a nice camera she doesn’t know how to use). I’m so frustrated. Are these pictures worth it? I hate DDs so much and I don’t want that feeling again. 
    TTC History

• Options
    @chindimples04 I think so yes. We never did maternity pics, which aren't worth it to me, but my newborn pics are so precious. I think finding the right photographer is KEY! I really loved the one who photographed my first two and am so bummed she stopped photographing bc of covid. My DH also thinks they are a waste of money, but he at least outs on a decent pole shirt and smiles accordingly, because, I mean, we're paying for them regardless of whether he's in it so he might as well join in and smile.  Our prices are similar to yours 400-600nfor newborn alone. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @chindimples04, maternity photos and newborn photos are absolutely worth it! I cherish the photos we took with DD. Those moments are so fleeting, and the photos help me preserve those memories. Not sure about you, but I had some self confidence/body image issues while I was pregnant and post partum, and having a professional who knows how to pose you well to minimize perceived flaws helped me soooo much. I look at the non-professional photos of me when I was pregnant with DD, and I cringe at my double (ok triple) chins. But I look at the pro photos and just see me enjoying my pregnancy. 🥰 Not sure if something like that would help convince your H that it's worth it to you. Or maybe you could compromise somewhere else budget-wise? Maybe buy cheaper nursery furniture, or skip a few months of your house cleaner (or insert something applicable to your life here). I think photos are absolutely worth the splurge, even if it means cutting back on the budget elsewhere to compromise. I hope you can convince your H! ❤❤❤
  • Options
    @chindimples04 we didn’t get newborn pics with my son. I tried to do it myself and while I have plenty of amazing photos of him, it is just not the same as those truly amazing pictures a professional can get when your baby is so tiny and new. We got them with my daughter and they were 100% worth it. I cherish those photos so much. We’ll get them again this time. 

I will say, do the research and stalk the photos of the photographers you’re interested in and give your money to someone who will truly do an outstanding job. It’s not worth it if the photographer is inexperienced or just not exceptional, or if they don’t often do newborns and their other pictures are amazing but baby pictures aren’t great.
  • Options
    @chindimples04 @vampirina I've put no thought into this and now wondering if I should. When do you typically get newborn photos done?
  • Options
    I came upstairs to get dressed to take the kids to the park, but they’re just downstairs playing with toys and being quiet and good and haven’t yelled “MOMMA!” one single time and I’ve been up here now for like 45 minutes and I’m just going to enjoy this peace and quiet for as long as it lasts 😂

I peaked at them after they’d been quiet for several minutes and they were just PLAYING and not destroying anything and it was shocking 🤣 normally I get quiet time in exchange for huge messes that involve entire rolls of toilet paper or an opened bag of marshmallows or all of the 15 cubes we have downstairs dumped out onto the floor … or that one time my bathroom was flooded because the sink was running with the drain closed 🤣🤣🤣 
  • Options
    @noprobalo usually within 10 days of birth! Id books sooner than later though, because it can be challenging (at least here!) To book a good photographer. 
  • Options
    @noprobalo yes, I’d say within 10 days too! Definitely before 2 weeks. 

Our photographer is booked already through end of October for her family sessions, but not booked for weekday morning newborn sessions, she keeps weekday mornings open throughout each week since people can’t really book a specific time and day for newborns but people let her know their DDs so she can get an idea on her calendar. 
  • Options
    @kitandcat motherhood is so fun! 😆 glad you're getting in a good and peaceful morning!  Cheers, friend!
  • Options
    @noprobalo they suggest newborn pictures between 5 and 14 days old. I would start reaching out as some, at least in my area book out far.

@vampirina @kitandcat @galentine I already found a photographer. She did my SILs maternity and newborn pictures as well as SIL’s sister’s maternity and newborn pictures. I loved them. They were lifestyle at home newborn pictures and outdoor stunning maternity pictures. He told me to just do it because “you know you’re just going to do it anyway even if I don’t like the idea.” 🙄 So I’m doing it, just wish he was more on board and not so damn bitter about it.

@kitandcat I hope you enjoyed the peace! 
    TTC History

• Options
    I had the new toll house cookie blizzard from DQ last night and it is heavenly 😂😂
  • Options
    @jtayl962 I have an event on my phone for that exact milestone!
    TTC History

• Options
    @madiirosee OMG YES 👏🏻 
  • Options

I feel like I've been this meme a lot lately
  • Options
    Both kids crawled into our bed at 5 am. My youngest was particularly wiggly and kept trying to move my face out of the way, as if I could. And now I'm tired and even more crabby than usual, of that's even somehow possible because I'm always a crab these days. 

My plans for the evening include deep cleaning the bathroom and tossing out expired pantry items. Maybe deep cleaning the kitchen if I have energy (spoiler, I won't). 
  • Options
    We have the Ikea Hemnes dresser in my DD's room, and it's SO PERFECT. It doubles as a changing table, the drawers are so spacious, and it's really good quality for the price. I just went to order another one for this baby and discovered the white painted version is completely gone and the white wood stain is basically out of stock everywhere.  NOOOOOOOO 😭😭
  • Options
    @galentine I was going to order a nursery set from wayfair. As soon as I was going to order it it was gone. On the website it saysit won't be back in stock until Aug😫
  • Options
    Sorry to be a semi lurker, it’s been wild and crazy over here. This would be easier if I had a computer to use because bump app sucks but my anxiety is in overdrive, I’ve been crazy cleaning, I still have 3 little kids running around so like why? But I can’t just sit there. I had to have 2 teeth extracted yesterday, got approved for the stronger pain killers but I’m too scared to take them, and tmi I’ve had horrible case of constipation, it’s midnight I keep running to the bathroom and my almost 2yr old is crying for me. I’m 24+5 and I can’t sleep more then 3hrs straight. Need some good thoughts please. 
  • Options
    noprobalonoprobalo member
    edited July 2021
    @mia8263 I'm sorry. 😥 Sending good vibes your way.

@galentine If you're up for a project, dressers are pretty easy to prime and paint.
  • Options
    I've had a very dramatic 24 hours! Yesterday morning I slipped and fell down the stairs, banging my head pretty hard. At first I was just worried about the baby, but then my vision started going blurry. 😳 I was advised to check in to the ER. Everything with me was fine, so they moved me upstairs to the maternity unit for fetal monitoring. We're fine, everything's fine, but I was not expecting to have to stay the night! I had the presence of mind to grab my phone charger and a pair of socks before leaving the house, and I already had headphones in my purse. I wish I'd also brought a toothbrush and toothpaste. 😬 So there's my hospital packing guide, haha. My husband and daughter are on their way over as I expect to be released soon. Such drama!
  • Options
    @pizzaplz omg how scary! You'd think the hospital would have basic hygiene supplies like a toothbrush!  I'm glad you and baby are okay and will be released soon!
  • Options
    Woke up at a reasonable hour this morning (8 am!) Got the kids to grandmas and deep cleaned our bathroom! Feeling so accomplished like the badass mother that I am, and then I sneezed really hard. 

Nothing like good ol' sniss to put you back in your place. 🤣😂😧
  • Options
    @pizzaplz omg so glad you are ok and baby too!! That sucks you had to stay :( I definitely feel extra clumsy lately and have to be extra careful. 
  • Options
    @pizzaplz That is very scary! Glad you and baby are both ok. 😟
  • Options
    @pizzaplz, so scary! I'm glad you and baby are doing well. Hope you are home resting now ❤
  • Options
    @pizzaplz I so glad to hear everyone is doing fine. That is scary. 
  • Options
    Anybody else waiting on anything from the Nuna company? We ordered our car seat the pipe lite like over one month ago and it still hasn’t come into the store we ordered from…
  • Options
    @madiirosee Not specifically Nuna, but this seems to be happening all over the place. Does the store have any way to track the order? It's ridiculous how many things I've had to contact USPS for because their tracker said it hadn't moved in 2+ weeks. 😠
  • Options
    @noprobalo the baby store we were at told us that they haven’t even received an update from Nuna themselves because they’re so back ordered! Not sure, I might just reach out to the Nuna company to see if they have a timeline. Obviously we have time but- I wanted to have the car seat earlier on to make sure I can get comfortable installing it etc since I’m a FTM ya know 
  • Options
    I just need to rant; please feel free to ignore.

We had no plans for today. I was doing 5 drop in visits for Rover (a dog and cat sitting website) and couldn’t really be far from home today. This morning, my in laws asked if they could come to the pool with us today after DDs nap. We warmed them that I would have to leave to go check in on a dog around 5:00. They were okay with that, so after her nap, at 3:15, we went to the pool. I left at 4:45 to go do this pet check and got back to the pool at 5:30 ish. I sent a snap chat of DD going down the slide at the pool. My mother proceeds to text me and say “oh, I see you weren’t busy today, you just had other plans….” I told her it was planned last minute this morning and that I couldn’t even stay the whole time because of the side job I had already committed to. She now won’t talk to me. Seriously, how childish can you possibly be? We spend nearly every single weekend with my parents on Saturday because DH is sleeping since he works night shift so DD and I leave so he can get actual sleep. One weekend isn’t going to f*cking kill you. I am seriously so pissed. She seems to do this every holiday and it brings out the ugly in me. That is all.
    TTC History

• Options
    @chindimples04 thats just... such a childish and unhealthy response. I'm so sorry.