Success after IF
Options

Wait. I can't take advil after an IUI?!!!!!

My RE said nothing about that!!! OMG.  why??!!!  :;breathing into a paper bag::

Re: Wait. I can't take advil after an IUI?!!!!!

• Options

You're not supposed to take ibuprofen during pregnancy, maybe that is the reasoning.. but really it's not a big deal to take it once in a while.  It's most important not to take it in the 3rd tri and not to take it frequently, it can cause cardiac problems in babies... but one after your IUI isn't gonna hurt a thing, promise.  People get knocked up without knowing it all.the.time while taking ibuprofen and much much worse... don't worry!!

• Options
    If I were in that much pain, I would take it, but I'm not a doctor, so don't go by me.  Not when I'm pregnant but before I'm pregnant I would.
    Ella- 8/22/08, Jules and Tuck- 12/15/10
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Oh I definitely know not to take it while pregnant or anything like that.  But someone in my post below said that I couldn't take it for the pain after an IUI. 
  • Options

imagesummerbrideDC:
    Oh I definitely know not to take it while pregnant or anything like that.  But someone in my post below said that I couldn't take it for the pain after an IUI. 

I just meant that maybe that's the reasoning... you know, like you're supposed to act like you are instantly pregnant from your IUI... which is unnecessary... obviously... I just thought maybe that's the rationale.

• Options

Ibuprofen can effect your lining. Pregnant or not, it should be avoided if possible. I wouldn't kick yourself too much for not knowing, but now that you do I would go with tylenol only.

Ibuprofen was on my REs "things not to do" list with smoking, recreational drug use, etc.

A lot of years and a million tears finally led me to you.
    After 7 years trying to concieve, 3 failed IUIs and 2 failed IVFs, my third IVF was a success!
    My Christmas baby turned into a turkey bird! Dillon Richard was born at 34 weeks, 5 days on November 28, 2009 after 10 weeks on bedrest for preeclampsia.
    <a href="http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v705/arriinthere/PJ/?action=view
  • Options
    well.  that sucks.  I wish my RE had said ANYTHING about that.  gah!!!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"