Special Needs
Options

new here

hello my name is Elizabeth and my son's name is Ryan, he is 6 weeks old. Ryan just came home from the hospital yesterday. He has Congenital heart disease that made him have to have two heart surgeries. He is home with an NG tube and he will have some developmental delays. Does anyone elses child have a feeding tube?? Ryan's is placed in his nose and the little guy hates it. any advice would be great. Thanks :)

Re: new here

• Options
    No G tube experience, but welcome to the board.  I'm glad you've got your son at home now - that must be such a relief.  :)
  • Options

Welcome to the board and congratulations!  Ryan sounds like a strong little guy!

My son has had a g-tube since he was 3 days old and he had an NG stent until he was almost 2 years old.  He hated that thing and pulled on it quite a bit.  Unfortunately I don't have any good advice to get him to stop playing with it.  How long do they think he will need a feeding tube?  Are they considering a g-tube?

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    My little guy was in the NICU for 2 1/2 months and came home with an NG. He had it at home for another 6 weeks and pulled out it 5 times while he was home! I became a pro at putting it back in.  We eventually got rid of it but not without lots of trials and tribulations. Gas and reflux were major issues, but using Dr. Browns's bottles, it made a MAJOR difference. He went from eating 50% by mouth to 80% by mouth at which time we pulled it out. Good luck and email me at eburhans at hotmail dot come if you have any questions - happy to help!
    image Aiden Jude is on his way! Pregnancy Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"