Product Recalls

S/O Crib Recall - Come in if you have experience...

Okay, so ours will surely be recalled tomorrow as we own a Delta drop-side model.  So, tell me about your experience with a crib recall.  What happened?  How long did the process take?  Will I be refunded, will it look like an exchange for another model?  We bought from BRU if that makes any difference.  Sorry if these questions seem stupid.  I just want to get on the ball and ahead of the masses (if possible). 

Re: S/O Crib Recall - Come in if you have experience...

• I called BRU and asked them to walk me through the protocol.  They gave me a less than helpful "it depends" and told me to call back, tomorrow, once the recall has been made official.  Good grief, now all I can think about is that stupid crib.  It looks like he'll be sleeping with us or in his PNP until I get get this issue squared away.  Why am I such a worry-wart?!?

• We have a delta drop side crib too. I, too am wondering what will happen if/when it gets recalled.

Lucky for me (because I am a worrier too) Parker doesn't sleep in a crib yet

• Loading the player...
  • I know in the past BRU has given store credit for the amount of the crib towards the purchase of a new crib (from them).  Not sure if this is how it is handled everytime.

Amanda, does Parker sleep with you?  If so, then yay!  I'm excited to come across another (extended) co-sleeping momma.  Any others out there?  Ava slept with me until about a year (and still does every now and then) even though she STTN early on, and Charlotte is still co-sleeping for the most part since she is nursing and doesn't STTN.  She sometimes sleeps part of the night in the crib in our room though. 

Ava Caroline 8.27.07 I Charlotte Grace 5.18.09 I Lila Katherine 1.20.11

• What we had to do when our Jardine was recalled was send away for the kit, take the crib apart and send in this special bolt, and then once they received the bolt, they sent us a voucher for $219.99 (we paid $199.99 for our model so that was a plus). What we did in the meantime, since Leah would NOT sleep in the Pack and Play or our bed, was buy a crib at BRU, then we took the voucher to BRU and got a refund later on. Not sure if it still works that way. That was last October.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • imageteacherjess:
    What we had to do when our Jardine was recalled was send away for the kit, take the crib apart and send in this special bolt, and then once they received the bolt, they sent us a voucher for $219.99 (we paid $199.99 for our model so that was a plus). What we did in the meantime, since Leah would NOT sleep in the Pack and Play or our bed, was buy a crib at BRU, then we took the voucher to BRU and got a refund later on. Not sure if it still works that way. That was last October.

We also had a Jardine crib that was recalled. Luckily we were able to go ahead and buy another crib while we waited a few weeks to get our voucher. Once you get the voucher you can bring your receipt to Babies R Us and they will give you your money back. BUT, I though it was crappy for people who cannot afford to buy another crib, because you are stuck with no crib and Babies R Us will not make an exception.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"