Phoenix Babies

Stroller info?

Does anybody have anything to say regarding the strollers they currently have?  Meaning what they like and/or dislike about their current stroller?  Or what they wished they would've known now after having their stroller "x number" of months/years.

My husband & I are looking at strollers and are trying to decide what kind (we've looked at reviews on ConsumerReports.org as well as user reviews  on Amazon.com) to get and whether to get a double one right away (we're only expecting one now but plan on having another shortly thereafter) or wait until baby #2 comes along to get the double stroller.

We're just trying to be practical.  Any info/advice would be greatly appreciated!  Smile

Re: Stroller info?

• We got the whole travel system when our daughter was born. Honestly we only used the stroller part a handful  of times.  I ended up using the sling more than anythig else. 

We also got a jogging stroller about 6 months after she was born.  We still use that two years later. 

We are looking for a double stroller since I am due in Feb. 

Good luck.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Thanks for your reply; much appreciated!  Smile  So far one of the strollers that looks pretty good to us is the Bob Revolution stroller.  It's KINDA a jogging stroller but not exactly.  It's somewhere in between. 

I wasn't sure if the sling would hurt my back.  Not that I have back issues but just wasn't sure.  Interesting/good to know.

You could check ConsumerReports.org (you have to be a member) regarding the ratings for the double strollers.  I know they rated the Maclaren Twin Triumph pretty high.  You can get whatever adapter online from them if you've already heard about their recall on some part of the stroller.  My sister-in-law has one of their strollers and loves it and has had no problems so she's just going to order the zipper sleeve protector thing and the stroller will be just fine.

I'm due the end of January.  Good luck with the rest of your pregnancy!  Thanks again for the reply!

• Loading the player...
  • I wish I hadn't got the travel system. I would buy a snap n go stroller for the infant carrier and then something else that isn't so bulky/heavy once he was big enough to be in the stroller without the carrier.
  • imagerhouser:

Thanks for your reply; much appreciated!  Smile  So far one of the strollers that looks pretty good to us is the Bob Revolution stroller.  It's KINDA a jogging stroller but not exactly.  It's somewhere in between. 

I wasn't sure if the sling would hurt my back.  Not that I have back issues but just wasn't sure.  Interesting/good to know.

You could check ConsumerReports.org (you have to be a member) regarding the ratings for the double strollers.  I know they rated the Maclaren Twin Triumph pretty high.  You can get whatever adapter online from them if you've already heard about their recall on some part of the stroller.  My sister-in-law has one of their strollers and loves it and has had no problems so she's just going to order the zipper sleeve protector thing and the stroller will be just fine.

I'm due the end of January.  Good luck with the rest of your pregnancy!  Thanks again for the reply!

I like my chicco but if I could of I would have bought the McClaren. as for a carrier for back problems I love the Ultimate Baby Wrap! It spreads the babys wieght evenly across your back and you can still hold the baby in a sling position.

• imagearizonamama:
    I wish I hadn't got the travel system. I would buy a snap n go stroller for the infant carrier and then something else that isn't so bulky/heavy once he was big enough to be in the stroller without the carrier.

this exactly. I hate that damn stroller

Image and video hosting by TinyPic AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • I have the bugaboo bee, and love it.  my LO is 13 months, and a big 13 months, and although he is getting to the point where he prefers to walk, it is still plenty big enough for him and is SO light.  Plus, there is an attachment to make it a "snap and go" for when they are in the infant seat.  I am due again soon, and will get the standing attachment for it, in case LO #1 wants a ride.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"