Philadelphia Babies
Options

Day Care in Drexel Hill

Any recommends on day care centers in Drexel Hill? I am returning to work in December and my DD will be 11 weeks old.

Re: Day Care in Drexel Hill

• Options
    I live in Drexel Hill but my DS goes to day care at Today's Child in Springfield.  He's been going there since he was 12 weeks old and we really like it.
     Image and video hosting by TinyPic
      Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    Recommend Forever Friends in Springfield
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker 

• Loading the player...
  • Options

Since choosing a daycare we found out that a friend of ours is going to be a SAHM and will watch our baby for us so I have no REAL experience with this place...BUT...when we were looking at daycares we decided on Sonshine Christian Academy on Garrett Rd in Drexel Hill. They had a bit of a wait list so Im not sure if you could get in by December, but it might be worth a visit.

I liked a lot of things about the daycare but some of the highlights were their infant ratio at 3 to 1 rather than the state requirement of 4 to 1 and the fact that they separate the infants based on motor skills rather than strictly age.

Best of luck, I know its a hard decision. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

If you are looking in the direction of Springfield, we have DD in Woodland Academy on 420. It is a fantastic school. The facility is very nice and the teachers are friendly and truly care about the children's welfare.

I know the previous poster recommended Today's Child, but I would strongly disagree.  We had DD in there for 6 months or so when we moved to Broomall. The school was very poorly run, went through 3 daycare directors in the 6 months we were there and they replaced all the teachers twice over.  I never knew who would be watching my daughter each day. Plus they were breaking the law in that they would have two teachers watching 30 children in the mornings.  It was awful!

Good luck!  I know finding a great daycare is really hard.

• Options
    Since DS has been at Today's Child (seven months), I haven't seen any of those issues you mentioned, especially the 2 teachers watching 30 kids.  That's absurd.
     Image and video hosting by TinyPic
      Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"