Pregnant after 35
Options

Seriously? Why are there SO many pack-n-plays???

So I'm looking on the Target and Walmart websites and am overwhelmed by the number of pack-n-plays available.

Most of them are very similar but can vary in price.  How will I ever narrow it down???

I was pretty sure we would go with Graco, just because that's what I used before, but now I have no idea. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Seriously? Why are there SO many pack-n-plays???

• Options
    I have no idea, but thought the same thing when we went to get one. We ended up getting a medium-priced Graco with a changer and it's working out just fine.
  • Options

imagestever:
    I have no idea, but thought the same thing when we went to get one. We ended up getting a medium-priced Graco with a changer and it's working out just fine.

I definitely do LOVE the changer and just can't decide whether I want a napper too.  We are planning to use the pack-n-play (instead of the crib for a while) in our room for a while and I think the changer would really come in handy since I'm having a c-section.  

What's considered "medium-priced"?  

• Loading the player...
  • Options

I think mid priced is between $150 and $200...

we got the one with the napper and changer...Hamilton, I think it was called.

I'm considering getting the Baby Bjorn Travel Lite one next year for a few major trips we have..that's super expensive ($279) but it folds up really light and easily portable for the airplane travel we have planned.  The PnP will be for home use.

• Options
    imagebridgeybride:

I think mid priced is between $150 and $200...

Really? Yoiks! The one I wanted was $200. The one we got was $110. It's got the napper too, we use that less than the changer though.

• Options

Just chiming in to say that I personally feel that all those expensive silly gadgets on the PnPs are certainly not needed. A changer can be nice, but I don't think there's any need for the ones with vibrating, music, nappers (in addition to bassinets, I don't get it), hood/shades, and the kitchen sink for that matter.

I have one from my son that will be using again, and I wouldn't change my choice for anything. The one I got is on the simpler end of things but great. Anything more, IMO, has useless gadgets.

Something like this

https://www.target.com/Graco-Pack-Play-Safari-Sun/dp/B001V8MTBI/ref=br_1_16?ie=UTF8&frombrowse=1&searchView=grid5&searchNodeID=1041924&node=1041924&searchRank=price&searchPage=1&searchSize=30&id=Graco Pack Play Safari Sun

Since you'll probably receive or buy a boundy seat and/or swing anyway, I think all the repetitive extras in a PnP to the tune of another 75-100 dollars is money better spent in a college fund

• Options

I don't like mine. It was free (my Dad's Amex points) but I'm not a fan?and I chose it. I have the Chicco playard in Adventure. It's ... meh.

Just sharing my experience.

Bronx Zoo: Summer 2013

To read my blog, click on the giraffe pic below!
  • Options
    Yeah I'm not forking out $100+ on one of these. I registered for this one (clicky) and if I don't get it at my shower, I'll probably still get it for the LR (we got a used bassinet for $50 for the first month or so in our BR).
    click the pic (blog)
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

I bought the FP Rainforest one for DS (maybe $120)... it had a changer, a bassinet and a mobile.  So cute but he wouldn't go near the thing so I never used it... at all.  It was recalled so I decided to buy a cheaper version just to have available for travel, for our second child in case they would like it in the beginning, etc.  I bought a Graco one with a monkey pattern ($60 I think).  It has a bassinet but no changer/mobile.  I love it and DS will sleep in it now that he's older if we travel.

If you're trying to figure out where to put your $, I say go with a less expensive PNP.  You really don't get anything more for the money in this case.

• Options

I agree... PnPs are one of the biggest money sucking things out there for babies.   They aren't all that "portable", either.  Ever try to travel with one? 

We are using a free bassinet from one of our neighbors for the first few months, then will move to a regular crib after that.  So in that respect, what's the point of a PnP?

I did get a thing called a KidCo PeaPod as a shower gift.  It's essentially a pop up tent you can use outside or inside.  Just sits on the floor or on top of a bed, etc.  And it was only about $60 and very small to fold up... about the size of a dinner plate in diameter.   We'll use that as a travel bed since it's small enough to fit into your suitcase.

• Options
    Check out the boppy one--it's brownish with blue birds--you can set it to incline. It also has a changer. I forget the exact name--something like Happy Place--it has happy in the title. This is the one I got. It will be a necessity in my large 2 story house. I agree PnPs can be a waste of money if you don't have a large house.
  • Options
    I have no idea, but I bet my mom is getting me one because she has mentioned it already.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"