3rd Trimester
Options

PIP: DIY Baby legs and swaddling blankets, only $27!

Someone posted the link to a tutorial showing you how to make your own baby legs a while ago, so I thought I'd give it a try.  I don't even know how to sew ... but luckily my mom is fantastic and taught me how this weekend. :)

I used this tutorial ...https://everythingyourmamamade.com/2008/01/21/make-your-own-baby-leg-warmers/

There's my finished product! I bought a 5 pack of ladies crew socks at Walmart for $5 ... and personally, I think the crew socks are a little short for this project, so when I make more, I'm going to get longer socks.  My little sister donated a few pairs too. 8 pairs for $5! Not bad!

I also made some swaddling blankets by using 1 1/4 yd. squares of fabric ... one is light fleece and the others are flannel. $22 for 6 blankets ... again, not bad! :)

[edit] I should also mention that the blankets are really easy to make ... they are 1 1/4 yds x 1 1/4 yds ... all I had to do was hem the edges so they wouldn't fray. 

Re: PIP: DIY Baby legs and swaddling blankets, only $27!

• Options

[Y

AWESOME! I thought about making come myself too.  I'm saving that link.

• Options
    I can't sew..I can hot glue everything..it is a running joke in my family..both mom's sew but they don't have time so i will just have to buy the blankets..I do love the leg warmers that are coming back but dh would kill me if i put those on his son..
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"