TTC After a Loss
Options

I just ordered cloth pads and a Diva cup

So I've been thinking about how hypocritical I am for wanting to cloth diaper and still using disposable pads/tampons.  So I finally did some research on here theecofriendlyfamily blog and ordered a starter kit of Lunapads and a Diva cup from drugstore.com

image  Lunapads

image  Diva Cup

The purchase was enough to qualify for Free shipping, and I found a coupon code for $10 off!  I'm hoping I like these... they'll be so economical in the long run, and healthier for me and the planet. Big Smile

Re: I just ordered cloth pads and a Diva cup

• Options

I really admire what your are doing. I won't lie to you...I would never. But I know I am in the wrong on this.

How are you doing today? I'm thinking about you.

• Options

I have totally thought the same thing (being hypocritcal b/c I want to cloth diaper too) . . but haven't brought myself to do this yet.

will you report back and tell us how it is? or maybe I'll PM you and ask if you don't want to share on here. 

m/c#1 07/16/08 (11 weeks), m/c#2 10/10/08 (8 weeks). and then nothing since except every test possible (no answers). IUI#1 and #2: BFNs Super lucky to be buddies with Peetie. Our out of nowhere, surprise DD born 5/29/2011
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

You're hardcore. But not as hardcore as this one girl my cousin used to live with. There were like 3 or 4 uber-hippie crunchy types in the house. One of them had a diva cup and would "feed" the tomato plants in the garden her menstrual blood.

THAT, my friends, is hardcore.?

• Options
    I too would love to know how you like these. I have used the instead disposable cups and really liked them.
    BFP #1: DS born 11/07 BFP #2: m/c @ 8w 5d d&c
  • Options
    imageColindaP:

You're hardcore. But not as hardcore as this one girl my cousin used to live with. There were like 3 or 4 uber-hippie crunchy types in the house. One of them had a diva cup and would "feed" the tomato plants in the garden her menstrual blood.

THAT, my friends, is hardcore. 

I just threw up a little in my mouth. 

Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    imagemrsadamc 05:
    imageColindaP:

I just threw up a little in my mouth. 

So did I... thanks Colinda!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I am here to serve.?
  • Options

I stumbled upon a website awhile back that had instructions to make your own cloth pads. It sounds like a bit of an ordeal, you have to soak them after you use them so that they don't stain, they even suggested keeping a bucket of water in the bathroom for this purpose. Tongue Tied It sounds very similar to the process for washing cloth diapers though.

You have a much better ick-reflex than I, gotta give you a ton of credit for doing what's right for the environment!

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Maternity tickers
    BFP/Labor/Everything Buddy: Papetvet/Erpetdoc
  • Options
    Actually, I have thought about this now, and have decided I should either do cloth pads or just invent cloth diapers for adults. I swear I do not have a single pair of chones left that has not been bloodstained between the miscarriages and whacked-up periods that follow.
  • Options
    Yay!!  Good for you!  I've been considering the Diva cup for awhile, but haven't made the jump yet.  I do use cloth pads about half time and I'll definitely use them postpartum. 
  • Options
    imageColindaP:

That, my friend, is gross. Never eat tomato sauce at her house.Ick!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"