Cincinnati Babies
Options

booster seat

Did anyone transition DC from a highchair to a booster seat at the table?  I'm wondering if this would help with our dinner issues.  What do you use and where did you get it? 
Jennie Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Re: booster seat

• Options

We did this with Justin about 6 weeks ago and it's been awesome.  I thought it would be a lot more mess and trouble, but he is actually less messy now that we've done it!

We use the Fisher Price Healthy Care seat, but without the tray.  It's like this one:  https://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2861764

Justin Thomas joined us on 8.4.07
    Tyler Anthony arrived on 9.21.09
    imageimage
    imageimage
    The Chronicles of Justin and Tyler
  • Options

We had one similar to this one for Ryleigh.  We used it up until she was around 4 1/2.  I definitely noticed a difference in her eating, couldn't hurt to give it a shot!

https://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2328520

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    We used the FP space saver chair for Adah and removed the tray months ago to let her eat with a plate at the table.  There is a really cheap booster seat at Target for only $12.  It has straps to hold in the child and to strap it to the chair.  We use it when other kids visit and when we go to someone else's house.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    We have the same one Katie posted, which we've had for awhile now as something to use for travel and for taking to our parents' houses, etc.  We'll be using this one for Ava's booster seat when we transition her, which is going to be anytime now, we just haven't gotten around to it.
    Ava Caroline 8.27.07 I Charlotte Grace 5.18.09 I Lila Katherine 1.20.11

• Options
    We tried it for about a week or so, but Eli hated boosters and prefers to sit on his knees at the table.  For us, Eli was so mad about the seat that he would start choking or not eat at all.
    Mr & Mrs - 10/15/05
    Elijah Matthew - 5/3/07 ~ Adalyn Rosemary - 3/23/11
    imageimage
    *Photos by Kacy Cierley*
    Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options

imagepinkylu:
    We used the FP space saver chair for Adah and removed the tray months ago to let her eat with a plate at the table.  There is a really cheap booster seat at Target for only $12.  It has straps to hold in the child and to strap it to the chair.  We use it when other kids visit and when we go to someone else's house.

This exactly!  Well, we bought our cheap booster seat at Meijer, but same idea.  Allison is more confined in the FP chair so she does better in that, but it's nice to have the other chair to keep in the car.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"