Blended Families
Options

SK and BM craziness...

Is it a full moon? Learned a lot in the last 24 hours.

SS has another mark on his record. Driving with a restricted license.  He lost it for drunk driving years ago. Still has not cleared that mess up. His story - his buddy was drunk and driving and he told his friend to pull over so he could drive.  Apparently the cops already noticed him swerving and pulled them over after SS got behind the wheel.  He claims they may let him off on this one tho because he was keeping others safe from a drunk driver. Whatever. Story sounds a tad fishy to me. 

SD asked DH if he would pay her phone bill this month. DH lectured her and told he would, but she needs to pay him back. She swears she will.  So I'm going online to pay it (DH gave me money)...and I see her first name is spelled really weird (last name is correct), and she has an Irvine, CA address on it with  her Texas phone number.  I'm scratching my head.  I don't want to pay it because I'm scared I'm paying someone else's bill. But it's all her info that she gave me.  I thought I could check her phone numbers...to see if her dad's and mom's number were on there to confirm it really is her account - but it doesn't show that.  Just real vague useage information. Her mom is not answering her phone (that's the next little "drama" i'll share), her friend does not answer or respond to texts... So I don't know. I may just pay it. And if it's not hers...tough noogies.  What do I care right? It's the info she gave me to sign into her account, so it must be it.

And BM....oh, BM....how coincidental just yesterday we were talking about insecure BM's and funny texts.  BM called DH twice last night. SD told him she was drinking so DH already knew she was hitting the bottle. And when she drinks...she calls DH.  Only she didn't say anything this time. Two calls and in the background is their old song playing. DH just laughed.  He told me right away that she's doing it again....and all I could do is laugh.  How pathetic.  They've been divorced for almost 15 years now.  Get a life lady..

I knew she was being too quiet.  She probably thinks I'm trying to call her to bug her about the calls. All i want is to talk to SD about her phone. I could give a ratsass if she's still hung up on the past and a marriage she f*cked up. That's her issue. I've got better things to do, like try and help her daughter. 

Oh - and one more thing. SD wants to come vist in January for a couple days after the baby is here. She doesn't expect us to pay for the airline ticket, but asked if we'd pitch in whatever we feel is fair. Her words. I'll take her up on that. We told her months ago that we'd pay half so maybe that's what we'll do. She's showing small signs of maturity.  I'll reward maturity.  And a couple days...I can handle.  I'll give her my best and my all while she's here.

Re: SK and BM craziness...

• Options
    Why are you guys paying her bills... again? That doesnt seem to show much maturity... A cell phone is a luxury, not a necessity - and if she cannot pay the bill, then she doesnt need the phone.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    That's great that she wants to come up & see the baby, but what happens if she doesn't leave in a few days? I agree w/J+R, I wouldn't be paying the cell phone bill either.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    She has kept her two jobs. She's working hard. She started saving money again toward car and she swore to send us money next week. It was DHs choice. I wouldn't have done it bit DH says if she doesn't pay him back he won't help her again. She knows this. And I am told by DH that I can hold hom to this. Its a test of sorts. And $50 was a low risk test to DH. As far as her not leaving after two days...I'll pack her up myself and stick her back on the most convenient plane, train, or bus. I'm not worried about that and she will not be staying more than two days. I will book the flight to ensure that.
  • Options
    I also have to add that she's taking care of clwaning up her college mess and is making another attempt to go next semeater. She's been genuinely respectful to both of us recently. She was very polite and thankful to me for going on line for her. I wouldn't have been so quick as DH but again...its his choice. I can't blame a dad for wanting to believe in her. Oh and the name and address - she says when they set her up they spelled it wrong and the CA address is the cell phone company address. Which I know is true because I checked and verified. I see her trying. We have decided to reward good and be really tough on the bad. We can't be hard asses forever
  • Options

Oh I hate to say it but she does not know that he will not pay the next time if she does not pay him back because he always says that and he is still bailing her out.  I totally get how you feel, that it was his choice and it's only a $50 test but I do believe that it is not the first real test and that he keeps telling you that he will not bail her out "next time".

She is being more respectful and that is great but is separate from maturity.  I will say that nicely asking because you need help can be a sign that she is maturing but I am concerned that she has blatantly lied on the information

she gave the company which is totally a sign of not being mature and taking responsibility but once again that she is lying and twisting things to get what she wants.  And I am pretty certain it is hers (or a friends) since the password worked and I seriously doubt that the phone company messed up her information so this is something she did and would really bother me.

Also, I am glad that she seems to be clearing things up with school and wants to go but until she is actually attending it is all just talk, she has said it before and changed her mind.

As for her visiting, if he wants to pay for his DD to visit and see the baby I think that's fine but if she is supposed to pay anything for it then you need that money up front and not her paying you back, if you make her pay you back with money she does not have then you are honestly just setting her up for failure and you up for disappointment and more stress.  I really hope it goes well because having a newborn is stressful enough without having to worry about what she is up to.

And most importantly, I hope you are doing well!

Jen - Mom to two December 12 babies Nathaniel 12/12/06 and Addison 12/12/08
  • Options

I don't know how to explain it, but SD is coming off more mature.  Maybe it's a new tactic. I don't know.  But I don't think we can sit here and be hardasses continually all the time.  I personally would not have paid this phone bill, but DH feels it's time to see if she can be trusted. 

If she doesn't pay him back as promised, then we won't pitch in to help pay for her visit. It's that simple. 

At some point, she has to grow up and at some point we have to start lightening up and give her opportunities to prove herself.  We won't set her up with a $500 phone account, but yes, we'll help her with a $50 bill this one time with condition we get paid back. 

It's been a long time since we've helped her. The last time was February when DH talked her mom out of filing charges on taking her car but we've said no to every monetary request for help for the last 18 months. 

And the phone is hers.  I'm certain of it. It's a rinky dink pre-paid deal, but I'm sure it's hers.  She began texting from it again (she's texting me now) and she's not dating anyone, so I know it's not a boyfriend's. It's really her phone this time. 

I'm happy to see this change in her. Doesn't mean I'm letting my guard completely down, but I'm willing to start opening back up with reservation and caution.  I'm approaching this entirely differently with a completely different, much more positive way without getting overly emotional or angry anymore. 

• Options

Um. Nevermind.  Forget all I just said.  I'm an idiot for trusting her and she has screwed her family over AGAIN.  See post above. 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"