Adoption
Options

need music suggestion

For our "birth" slideshow -- our photographer asked what music we want and I hadn't put any thought into it at all.  Anyone have any ideas?

Re: need music suggestion

• Options
    My first instinct is Somewhere Over the Rainbow.  I have no idea why.  I love the version from "50 First Dates".
    Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Options

I've seen a few with "Give me Jesus" by Jeremy Camp

I also like "Beautiful One" by Jeremy Camp

• Loading the player...
  • Options

Stacey -- I love that song too!  Unfort, my SIL used it.  :(

Erin -- I'm off to check out both of those right now!

• Options
    I also love somewhere over the rainbow...but since that won't work, that singer also has a version of Wonderful World?
  • Options
    I'm thinking either Ordinary Miracle (Sarah MacLachlan) or I've Always Loved You (Third Day) -- anyone familiar with either of those?
  • Options

imageMrsB2007:
    I'm thinking either Ordinary Miracle (Sarah MacLachlan) or I've Always Loved You (Third Day) -- anyone familiar with either of those?

I think Ordinary Miracle would work GREAT!!  I'm not familiar w/ the other song you mentioned.

• Options

imageMrsB2007:

I like them both.  We say The Best Thing by Relient K is Annie's song. 

• Options
    Third Day is great - so many of their songs would be perfect!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Have you heard How He Loves?  My sister is using it for their baby dedication video.  The chorus is great. 
  • Options

Ordinary Miracle is a beautiful song and I love Sarah McLachlan's voice and music.

For Charlotte's adoption day video/slideshow I used the Phil Collins song You'll Be in My Heart from Tarzan.  It is very fitting for birth/adoption.

For Cooper's first birthday video/slideshow I used Let Them Be Little by Billy Dean.  It makes me tear up every time I hear it, but it's kind of a memory/looking back song so it may not be the best choice for birth.

For Charlotte's first birthday video/slideshow I used All My Life by Rosie Thomas which really expressed my feelings for her - the joy and the sense of sadness I felt for her birthmother.  It talks about how long I've been waiting for her and how I wish I could have known her mother...seemed perfect for her.  (I actually think it might be a love song, but it worked for birthday/adoption/celebration.)

• Options

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TWgeUrD4MHI&feature=fvw

The more I listen to it the more I wish we had used it ourselves.

• Options
    swept away-geoff moore
  • Options

imagepinkwedding05:
    Have you heard How He Loves?  My sister is using it for their baby dedication video.  The chorus is great. 

I LOVE that song.  I can't hear it enough

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"