South Florida Babies
Options

Britishbride!

Nadia stopped drinking the bedtime bottle on her own a while ago so I stopped offering it. I'd make it and she'd shake her head no and refuse. That one was easy for us. If she hadn't stopped it on her own- I don't even know how I would have gotten rid of it.

As far as the milk in the sippy- we practiced for a few weeks with milk in a sippy while she was eating dinner.

She had been practicing with water in a sippy for months (just like you have with Abby).

I think the trick is to not put cow's milk in the bottle (I think Zoe's Melanie is the one that suggested that). I gave her formula in the bottle until it ran out and then just gave her sippy's of cow's milk in their place. Since she never had cow's milk in a bottle and only in a sippy she thought that was fine I guess. No complaints.

Anyhow- someone else told me that you just drop the bottle and offer the sippy and eventually they get with the program.

Eve told me that the nuby long neck bottles work great because they have the feel of a bottle and Mady didn't notice.

You need to create a post asking everyone else how they did it. I'm sure others have really good suggestions and stuff you can try.

Re: Britishbride!

• Options
    yeah I did the same thing as Mari. I just never put milk in the bottle, right to the sippy. At first she wouldn't finish it all, but eventually she realized that's all she was getting! I started giving her the sippy of milk with dinner and instead of giving her the bottle in her rocker before bed, i read extra books and sang to her and she didn't even notice the bottle was missing!
  • Options
    i think i'm going to start  breaking the night bottle once we're back from disney... I think lol  I'm afraid that it's going to be too much- the molars, the walking, the huge trip.  I think she needs 1 bit of comfort and once we get back, we'll start with breaking the night bottle.  I'll start giving her a sippy instead of bottle during the day tomorrow!  Wish me luck!!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Good luck Jenny!! :)
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker

My Blog: SIREN.ORG!

• Options

mari - you nailed it! i'm so happy for you!

jenny - these are the nuby sippies i introduced mady when i removed the bottles. the change actually took place in 1 day because she didn't even notice i took out the bottles:

https://di1.shopping.com/images1/pi/e7/cf/bf/38930047-149x149-0-0_Nuby+Nuby+No+Spill+Gripper+Sippy+Cup+10+Oz.jpg

also, i wanted to add...all kids are different. while nadia doesnt take bottles anymore before 12 months, mady didn't drop them until 13 months. don't rush things, all kids progress differently. i introduced milk and got rid of formula at 11 mths (by pedi recommendation) and kept giving her milk in her bottles until she did the switch at 13 months. i went thru tons of sippy cups before i found the right one to make the switch. now mady drink milk out of a cup and a regular straw and loves it! :)

imageimageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    imageCesEve99:

mari - you nailed it! i'm so happy for you!

jenny - these are the nuby sippies i introduced mady when i removed the bottles. the change actually took place in 1 day because she didn't even notice i took out the bottles:

https://di1.shopping.com/images1/pi/e7/cf/bf/38930047-149x149-0-0_Nuby+Nuby+No+Spill+Gripper+Sippy+Cup+10+Oz.jpg

also, i wanted to add...all kids are different. while nadia doesnt take bottles anymore before 12 months, mady didn't drop them until 13 months. don't rush things, all kids progress differently. i introduced milk and got rid of formula at 11 mths (by pedi recommendation) and kept giving her milk in her bottles until she did the switch at 13 months. i went thru tons of sippy cups before i found the right one to make the switch. now mady drink milk out of a cup and a regular straw and loves it! :)

thanks, eve!!  Abby's pretty good with her sippy, she drinks only water out of it though, only because she plays with it too much.  It's actually kind of gross- she puts all the water in her mouth and then just spits it out.  She won't actually swallow the liquid unless she's really, really thirsty.  For that reason, though, I don't put anythign other than water... too messy :-D

I'm still amazed that your little one's use a straw and cup!  that would be great if abby could drink out of that!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"