Trouble TTC
Options

Fibroids and IVF?

I went for my baseline U/S this morning and my nurse just called and gave us the go ahead to start stims tonight for IVF #2. However she also said that if I do not get pregnant on this cycle I have some fibroids they will have to look at. It sounded like they debated whether to even let me start this cycle.

What causes fibroids? Are there any homeopathic remedies for reducing them? Back in April I only had one and it was out of the way - these seem to have sprung up since then.

Thanks!

(btw I am sorry I haven't been on. I wish everyone well and am looking forward to catching up on the boards!)

Blocked tubes due to ruptured appendix
IVF#1 Ectopic - tube removed; FET#1 CP; IVF#2 BFP!
Beta#1 13dpo 115; Beta#2 15dpo 248; Beta #3 20dpo 2215 U/S#1 6w1d HR 99; U/S#2 8w HR 165; U/S#3 10w HR 176 and moving all around!
Bedrest at 28 weeks due to preterm labor; released to modified bedrest at 34 weeks; released to full activity at 37 weeks
BabyNantucket born at 37 weeks 4 days 7lbs8oz 19in

Success is getting up just one more time than you fall down.

Re: Fibroids and IVF?

• Options

I've had problems with fibroids since 2001 and had to have a myomectomy (major surgery to remove them). Now they are back but the size of grapes. One has to be removed before my RE will let us begin IVF, and I'm getting that removed on Friday.  Thank God this one can be removed hysteroscopically.

I've researched fibroids and the cause is not really known. I do know they are benign.

• Options
    Thanks Divajbrown! Good luck with your surgery and with your first IVF : )

Blocked tubes due to ruptured appendix
    IVF#1 Ectopic - tube removed; FET#1 CP; IVF#2 BFP!
    Beta#1 13dpo 115; Beta#2 15dpo 248; Beta #3 20dpo 2215 U/S#1 6w1d HR 99; U/S#2 8w HR 165; U/S#3 10w HR 176 and moving all around!
    Bedrest at 28 weeks due to preterm labor; released to modified bedrest at 34 weeks; released to full activity at 37 weeks
    BabyNantucket born at 37 weeks 4 days 7lbs8oz 19in

Success is getting up just one more time than you fall down.

• Loading the player...
  • Options

I have one (~2 cm) and my obgyn explained to me that ~50% of women have them and not sure of what caused them.  She said she doesn't think they would get in the way of TTC.

TTC #1 since July '09 * SA, Bloodwork - normal * HSG - Right blocked tube * HSG with tubal cannulation - April, 2010 * 3 clomid + IUI = BFN * SHG and MRI for uterine fibrod * Laparascopic myomectomy - Oct, 2010 * SHG revealed scar tissue* Hysteroscopy to remove scar tissue from myomectomy - Feb, 2011 * IVF #1 in March (beta 3/39)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"