Houston Babies
Options

SAHM - question for you

Sorry if it's too personal a question but I am curious. I know a SAHM doesn't necessarily bring in income so I didn't know if you would continue to invest. Do you still plan for your retirement? Why or why not? Thanks!

PS- this is NOT a bash against SAHM. Just curious if you keep investing or not.

Re: SAHM - question for you

• Options
    I'll answer based upon not having the income I bring in.  Yes, we would still invest.  We would balance our budget to allow for investing.  Long term 401K investing.  Dappling in the market no, but we'd still plan for the long term.
  • Options
    Yep. All of our extra income already goes into some form of investment acct. The only real change we made when we decided I would leave my job was to increase our e-fund... just for some extra wiggle room should something happen to Js job in the near future.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Regardless of whether I work or SAH, we haven't changed our investing plans.  Ultimately, I would like my hubby to be able to retire without me having to work in his place.  It's not a matter of whether I bring in income.  It's a matter of how much income "we" have versus how much we want in order to retire.  Hope that makes sense!
  • Options
    Yep we still invest.  We have several things going on.
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"