Success after IF
Options

twin moms- what's the longest they'll let you go?

Just curious.  When I asked my OB about it, he gave me the look of "that is not going to be the case" but you never know.  He said they wouldn't induce or schedule a C until 38 weeks.  I was super late with my DD so I can't help  but think about it (he says only 1 or so moms make it this far every year out of all the twins he delivers).  I know it's best for the babies but I'm wondering where I'm going to put 16 more weeks of babies.

Re: twin moms- what's the longest they'll let you go?

• Options

since I originally started out with twins, both the OB, and the Peri. said no later than 37 weeks.  And they both agreed they would only do c-section.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    they wouldn't schedule anything earlier than 38 weeks...my water broke at 36 weeks 4 days!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I am scheduled for a c-section at 38 weeks...hopefully I make it!
  • Options
    Yeap my doc said 38 weeks...
  • Options

my ob said if all is going well 38w. I had some issues with my last pg and was induced at 36w... so we'll see how it goes.

I have read it's dangerous to let a multiple pg go to full term (40w) b/c they run out of amniotic fluid, etc.

• Options
    38w is the latest my OB will let me go.
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

My Blog

Our successful cycle was IVF #2: Microdose Lupron Flare Protocol - 2 beautiful blasts transferred.

email me: gretchela@hotmail.com
  • Options
    they weren't going to make any decisions until 37 weeks.  The boys of course ended up with other plans and my water broke at 34 weeks.
  • Options
    My ob said 38 wks is considered full term with twins. My sister's water broke at 38 wks and she had vaginal birth. My ob said we will see as time progresses, if they are not breech, no C needed:)
  • Options
    My peri wouldn't schedule an induction or c-section without an amnio (or good cause) until 39 weeks.
  • Options
    I ended up going 38 weeks.  Ugh.  They were willing to schedule me for a c-section at 37 weeks.  Because of the timing of my 37 week OB appointment I ended up with a scheduled c-section for 38 weeks exactly.
  • Options
    I'm scheduled for 38w6d for now.  As long as they keep showing enough fluid and passing all their NSTs and BPPs with flying colors, we'll try to make it that far.  But we'll see how that goes.  :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"