South Florida Babies
Options

I'm back! Did ya miss me?

Well, I actually got back late Monday night and then spent the day at home with the hubby and baby yesterday. We are BACK! :) We had a great time but are happy to be home. I am also strangely happy to report that Sophie did not miss us while we were gone and had a GREAT time at Nana and Abuelo's house. I got daily reports via either Facebook or phone from my parents and sister. I even got pictures. This freed us to enjoy San Francisco and Napa Valley to the fullest. It was awesome.

The main event was my friend's wedding and when we were not busy prepping for it or attending it we did some wine tasting, sang some karaoke, ate A LOT of cheese...I realized that not only do I have a love for mushroom brie but that in Napa the Chardonnay is FABULOUS and I am usually a red wine drinker. There is a tiny vineyard in Napa called Goosecross Winery that has fabulous wine. It was the only place I went where I can say that I loved every wine I tasted. Every single one. I have two bottles from there at home that I am currently saving for a special occasion.

:) So.....what did I miss?

ox,

Mel

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: I'm back! Did ya miss me?

• Options
    So glad you had such a fun trip and that Sophia did so well with the abuelos while you were gone. Napa sounds totally dreamy :)
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options

Glad you're back and that you had such a good time!! Wine tasting is so much fun isn't it!!! Hopefully it was cooler than when I was there a couple weeks ago.

I know it's good to be home and back with your little girl!! 

image image

• Loading the player...
  • Options

Leanna, it was HOT - well not Florida hot but not the sweater weather I was looking forward to. I did not even have to put on long sleeves until Monday. Wine tasting was a blast! We hit 4 wineries in total because we were limited on time and those were smaller ones close to Trancas Road. I am not sure where you were up there...

We did go visit this Sausage Shop in SF for a quick dinner one night. Rosamunds? If anyone likes sausage and is up for a hole in the wall place I can highly recommend it. Wow.

Sunday night we went to this nice restaurant in Marin that had - get this - an appetizer that was barbequed and curried mussels. I kid you not. They were f**kin awesome. And for dressert.....S-Mores Pie. O M G.

Its all about the food. ;-)

• Options

I gained weight when I was there for sure!!!

Mornings are nights were cool but it was in the low 100's during the day - not red wine weather!! 

image image

• Options
    Glad you had so much fun!! Now I want brie... omg!! Thanks for ruining my diet Mel. :)
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker

My Blog: SIREN.ORG!

• Options

welcome back mel! san fran is the best place to vacation!

im glad sofi did great with her grandparents :)

imageimageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Sounds like a fun trip!  Glad you're home.  :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"