Breastfeeding
Options

Ameda Purely Yours pump

Hi Ladies,

I'm planning on returning to work at 6 weeks.  I've begun researching breast pumps and I'm leaning towards the Ameda Purely Yours or Ameda Purely Yours Ultra.  Do any of you use these pumps and if so, can you tell me what's good/bad about them?  TIA ladies!

Re: Ameda Purely Yours pump

• Options
    I have been using the Ameda to pump at work 3x a day for the last 5 months and it's always worked great for me.  I didn't bother with the shoulder bag/cooler deal and just got the simple pump.  I use a playtex fridge to go cooler and medela bottles to pump into.  It's a great pump for $150.  At the time I got mine, the Lansinoh double electric wasn't BPA free, so I went with the Ameda, but my understanding is that the Lansinoh is now BPA free.  I would go with it, because it's even cheaper ($120?) and it's the exact same pump as the Ameda Purely Yours. 
  • Options
    I really like the pump and find that kit works better and quicker than the Medela I had rented from the hospital.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I EP and use the Ameda, I love it, the closed system was a big selling point for me.
    Our Blog TTC since 10/2004 Follistim+Ovidril+Metformin=BFP on 12/8/08 2 heartbeats-12/30/08 Betas- 10DPO-104 12DPO-274 Photobucket Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Options
    have it and love it!
  • Options

I have an APY and am happy with it.  I am in my second week back at work, but used it for several weeks at home as well.  The only thing I don't like is the beeping sounds when it pumps, but I usually just tune it out.

I just bought the pump itself (it comes with a set of flanges, bottles, and tubing).  I use a hospital-provided bag to carry it and a small bag cooler to carry milk home.

The pump works really well and I love the separate controls for cycle speed and suction.  The closed system also really appealed to me - less to clean because the milk touches less stuff.

DD1 is 3, DD2 is 1.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"