D.C. Area Babies
Options

**katezta**

I was just thinking about you. How did your appointment at Shady Grove go?
Beta#1=1293 (13dp5dt), Beta#2 =4462 (17dp5dt), Beta#3 =8039 (19dp5dt) BFP 5/8/2009 IVF#2 w/ICSI & AH - April 09 - Transfer 5/1 IVF#1 w/ICSI & AH - Feb 09 - BFN MFI - low morph 1998 - Lap - Endometriosis, 1994 - Lap - Endometriosis, TTC - Tooooo Long! Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Jeremiah 29:11-13 11 For I know the plans I have for you, declares the LORD, plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. 12 Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you.

Re: **katezta**

• Options

Thanks for asking!  It was very long and a little overwhelming.  Even though I have an underlying condition, Dr. Sagoskin is ordering all the bloodwork, u/s, HSG (repeated), semen analysis.  The works.  We will reconvene in the first week of  November to discuss IUI vs. IVF.  DH and I are leaning towards IVF unless something new is revealed in the tests.  The only thing that is a huge bummer is that all the blood and u/s during treatments are done between 7am -9am.  I teach HS in Greenbelt at 7:15am.  I spoke to a few coworkers today who said they would help out, but that will be something to think about when deciding a treatment plan.  It is a lot to think about that is for sure. 

Thanks again!! 

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options

A few other questions.  If we decide on IVF at the November appointment, when do you think it will all get started?  I would be about halfway through my cycle at that point.  Are there more tests after the initial ones?  Also, will we be able to push for IVF over IUI or is that a decision the doctor (or insurance) makes? How often did you have to go in for b/w or u/s during one cycle?

I did realize that I need to step away from IVF message boards.  Too many posts about huge needles have me terrified.  I decided that maybe ignorance is bliss! Smile   

• Loading the player...
  • Options

It can be completely overwhelming, but the nurses are wonderful and will walk you through each step. If I remember correctly, I started BCP's for a few weeks then I began the actual shots. It really seems to go pretty quickly. It also depends on what protocol they place you on as to what meds and how long your plan may take. I was on the Long Lupron Protocol. I'm sure the decision to do IUI vs IVF will depend on the results of your testing, but if he is for it I can't imagine you would have too many issues with the insurance, other than what it states it will cover. I began after my initial steps except for one repeat HSG, but they were able to do that fairly quickly from what I remember. Then my protocol began as soon as insurance approved which took about a week I think.

As far as the times, I had the same issue. Somethings they will do as early as 6:45. I think that is the blood work. I work in DC which is somewhat of a commute and I am also supposed to be there by 7:00. I was able to go in a few minutes late when needed. They blood work doesn't take long usually. When you start your protocol and they incorporate the ultrasounds and measuring your follicles, that will take a little longer. Those appointments start at 7:00 and you do that immediately after the blood work.

Hope I didn't leave anything out. Keep me udated. 

Good Luck!

Beta#1=1293 (13dp5dt), Beta#2 =4462 (17dp5dt), Beta#3 =8039 (19dp5dt) BFP 5/8/2009 IVF#2 w/ICSI & AH - April 09 - Transfer 5/1 IVF#1 w/ICSI & AH - Feb 09 - BFN MFI - low morph 1998 - Lap - Endometriosis, 1994 - Lap - Endometriosis, TTC - Tooooo Long! Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Jeremiah 29:11-13 11 For I know the plans I have for you, declares the LORD, plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. 12 Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you.
  • Options

sorry to butt in - i don't know if it's different for IVF, but my SG nurse told me that in order to submit for insurance authorization for my IUI, they have to have the results from the day 3 tests, HSG, and SA.

Depending on your insurance (Carefirst, mine, is notoriously slow - lucky me! Stick out tongue) it can take anywhere from 4-6 weeks to get authorization.

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options

Zerf - I also have Carefirst.  My neighbor told me her insurance for her IUI came in under 4 weeks this spring.  So hopefully yours will be faster!

Thanks for the replys.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"