Georgia Babies
Options

Loss of appetite ?

The last week or so Jackson has no appetite. I am lucky to get him to eat a third of what he was a few weeks ago. Is this normal or should I be worried?

Re: Loss of appetite ?

• Options

I think it's pretty normal. It could be teething related, also. G's appetite comes and goes in waves. Keep your eyes peeled for any other weird symptoms if you're concerned it's something more serious.

Lil' G was born April 25, 2008! Big C was born September 28, 2011! Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    It's been the norm in our house for a while now.  His appetite comes and goes in spurts.  It could be teething, could be growth spurts, could be a phase.  If there are any other symptoms, definitely talk to your pedi but for us, it's normal.  I just keep repeating to myself that he'll eat when he's hungry and he does.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

imagetracigator:
    It's been the norm in our house for a while now.  His appetite comes and goes in spurts.  It could be teething, could be growth spurts, could be a phase.  If there are any other symptoms, definitely talk to your pedi but for us, it's normal.  I just keep repeating to myself that he'll eat when he's hungry and he does.

ditto this exactly. 

• Options
    Pretty normal. We still go thru this cycle. Pretty often.
  • Options

Thanks guys. I just thought it was odd my hungry hungry hippo is now a "picker". 

:) 

• Options
    Yup, probably normal and/or teething related (which I suppose is also normal).  Our pedi reminded me that babies triple their weight the first year (which with DD was more like quadrupling!) but then they stop growing for a while, so it's not uncommon for toddlers to eat at best a meal and a half a DAY.  Big shift for us, but so far I think no babies have forcibly starved themselves!  Maybe try smaller meals/snacks more often, vs. 3 meals or whatever you'd done before?  Might make for easier cleanup for you, at least :)
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"