North Carolina Babies

s/o Re: Toddler Moms-Help with Bedtime/Naptime

How in the world are you ladies keeping these schedules?  Let me break down BabyHill's schedule and HELP ME keep him in bed longer in the AM.

6:00 - 6:15 (!) Wake Up

2:30-4:00 Nap

8:30-9PM BedTime

How can I get him to sleep later?  I've tried putting him back in the bed (toddler bed) but most times he will only stay 10-15 minutes.  I would do nearly anything to get him to sleep to 7.  Ideas????

Re: s/o Re: Toddler Moms-Help with Bedtime/Naptime

• I am no expert bc we are not sttn, but my friends kids that sleep past 7 go to bed earlier, like 7:30, the latest.  Maybe that will help? The other moms should know better though.
  • DD goes to bed around 7:30 and sleeps till between 7:30 and 8. If she stays up later she is up later at night she gets up earlier in the morning. Can you possibly get him down for a nap sooner? That seems like a really late nap to me. DD goes down at 1 and sometimes earlier.
  • Loading the player...
  • I would also suggest trying an earlier naptime and bedtime. He's staying up a long time before his nap.

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Ben goes to bed at 8, wakes at 7ish and goes down for his nap around 12:30 or 1 (at the latest).

I know it seems counterintuitive, but sleep begets more sleep. I would try to move his bedtime up a little every couple days and see what happens with him going to bed earlier.

• I think Healthy Sleep Habits, Happy Child says to move their bedtime up in gradual increments.  Also, try white noise, make sure room stays fairly dark, etc. to see if it will help him sleep later. 

Camryn has been taking a nap as late as 2 or 2:30 and she's still been o.k. with an 8 or 8:30 am wake up and 8:30 or 9:00 bedtime, but it sounds like she is the exception to the rule. 

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers

My Sweet Girls

• Okay, I'll try to back up bedtime little by little.  The earliest nap could be 2:00 - He's in Preschool until 1:30 and it takes at least 30 minutes to get home - and no, he will not nap in the car (that's a disaster).
  • Liam has always been an early riser since birth, and I'm not sure it will change anytime soon.  We put him to bed early, right now he goes down at 7:15 since he is up so early in the morning.  It's the only way he gets enough sleep.  If we keep him up later, he's still up at 6:00-6:15, so we're sticking with the early bedtime for now.
    Rachel & Bill 9-10-05, Liam Andrew born 5-30-08 (formerly lakebride05)
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"