North Carolina Babies
Options

Things I always said I never would do...

I've said "because I said so" twice already this morning when asked "Why?"

?Anyone else??

Re: Things I always said I never would do...

• Options

I screamed at J yesterday. He kept screaming in his high chair and nothing would satisfy him, so finally I just snapped and screamed his name. I think it really scared him & I felt terrible about it afterward and picked him up immediately to comfort him. Turned out he was just tired & went to bed at 6:15.

DH is in the middle of a system conversion at work and is having to work 21 days straight (and of course he's salaried so no OT) and pretty late each night (yesterday he left a bit after 7am & got home at 10:30pm). This single-parenting is starting to wear on me.  :( 

• Options
    I totally give DD the "look" that my dad gave me. It works on her just like it worked on me!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Haha! Too funny...I just had a blog post the other day on this same exact subject.
  • Options
    I use the because I said so with my stepson all the time when he wants to know why and there isn't another answer!!  Backthepack...i'm sorry to hear about your long days alone...DH is back in school and the classes are 5 weeks long and this thursday is the last day of the first class so this week its been either work or working with his group on their project...its hard sometimes especially with the 2 boys and trying to get my stepson to his activities the week we have him.
    imageLilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Options
    imageBackthePack:

I screamed at J yesterday. He kept screaming in his high chair and nothing would satisfy him, so finally I just snapped and screamed his name. I think it really scared him & I felt terrible about it afterward and picked him up immediately to comfort him. Turned out he was just tired & went to bed at 6:15.

DH is in the middle of a system conversion at work and is having to work 21 days straight (and of course he's salaried so no OT) and pretty late each night (yesterday he left a bit after 7am & got home at 10:30pm). This single-parenting is starting to wear on me. ?:(?

Hugs, I am sorry to hear you have been so alone. ?I hope it is ending soon. ?I honestly have no idea who single parents do it. ?Those women (and men) are heroes.?

• Options

As a nanny, I'm still haunted by the thing I thought I would never say.  I count "one, two, three..." when I want them to do what I asked them to do and they're not responding.  I also use "because I said so." 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"