Special Needs
Options

Fluid leaking from one ear? (Has ear tubes)

My Ds2 had ear tubes put in in April. Had them checked the first week of September during his Mayo trip, everything with his ears looked great. Dr said the tubes were nice and open and the tympanogram looked great. Saturday he started having a little clear fluid leaking from one of his ears. Wondered if he possibly had an ear infection, it kind of smells a little. Then the fluid went from clear to a slight yellowy color, kind of boogery consistency (sorry I know thats gross). When he'd lay down for naps, his pillow would be wet when he woke up if he's been laying on that side. Yesterday it was like a slight rust/waxy color, and was coming out of his ear and down the side of his face at times. Anyone see this? What was it?
I've got a call in to the nurse line, but wondered if this has happened to anyone else?
Blake 04/29/05 Will 06/12/07 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Fluid leaking from one ear? (Has ear tubes)

• Options
    Ew, ew, ew. Yeah. I'd have called the doc too. No experience with tubes here. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    It most likely means he has an ear infection and the tubes is draining.  We are in the midst of ear drops with DS for similar symptoms.  The ear drop that our ENT prescribes is Ciprodex otic.  Logan was screaming when we would come near his ear, take his shirt off over his ear or anything. Drops were horrible to put in the first 2 days but the ear is getting better and the drainage has slowed a lot.  hope this helps!
    Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker Lilypie Expecting a baby Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    You probably have already heard, but it's what DD goes through with an ear infection and her tubes. Completely normal.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    met DH 1995 ~ married DH 2006 ~ completed our family 2008
    Life is good!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"