Parenting after 35
Options

Update: First Night in Crib

It went well.  While Aaron didn't STTN, he only woke up once?at 1:50 am for a bottle (last one had been at 10 pm) and chugged down 5 oz and fell back asleep until 6:20 am.

However...  this morning he didn't seem too interested in eating. My DH, who is home on one of his furlough days, gave him a bottle and the baby only took 3 oz.  I thought that was unusual.

He went back to sleep in the crib for about an hour and then began crying. After I picked him up, he fell back asleep... so we put him in his car seat. He seems to be waking up again now (9:41 am) so I'm going to get a bottle ready.

I hope he continues to do well in the crib and his room. I'm making it a priority to spend more time there with him?playing, reading to him, etc.?so that he associates his room with good things.

He's such an alert little guy, and he is VERY awake from 7 pm to 10 pm each night. I'm not sure how to get him to sleep any earlier ... but will ask my pediatrician on the 14th at his 2 month appt.

Bronx Zoo: Summer 2013

To read my blog, click on the giraffe pic below!

Re: Update: First Night in Crib

• Options
    Sounds like he did really well!!!  Hope he continues to do so!  And yeah, DS isn't always interested in eating a ton when he first wakes up either -- not sure why.

DD -- 5YO
    DS -- 3YO

• Options

I'm glad it went well, Robyn.  I think we transitioned Stella into the crib around the same time--I think it's great for them to have their own space.  She loves her room and her bed.  She goes in there by herself and sits in her chair and "reads" her favorite books to herself everyday.

Oh, and she almost never eats right when she wakes up--she's always been like that.

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I am glad the sleeping part went well!! That is great.  It could just be a coincidence with his eating.  Hope you got some well needed rest!!
  • Options

Yay! Well done Aaron!

• Options
    Yeah for a good first night!!
  • Options
    Yay! Good job Aaron (and Robyn;-)
    imageimageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFetus Ticker Peeper Summarized
  • Options
    I like your idea about spending a good amount of time with him in his room to associate his room with good things. Great idea :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"