TTC after 35

Couple ??s

Esp for those with repeat losses.

I've had 3 m/cs this year.  My Dr is running a whole gammit of tests this cycle.  He had said it's OK to TTC during the cycle.

Today the nurse calls to set up the appts ~ she sets up the HSG, blood tests & some sort of biopsy??  She says to try to avoid this cycle.  Doesn't she know I just turned 37 & each cycle is SO precious?!

2 ??s ~

Anyone had this biopsy?  I don't hear it mentioned. 

And I guess I should listen to the nurse & TTA??

Re: Couple ??s

• Hi!

The biopsy I would assume is an endometrial biopsy and you will want to try to avoid this cycle.  I think it can mess with your lining?  (I haven't had one but that's what I've heard/read.)  Also, the HSG should be scheduled after AF leaves and before O which leads me to the assumption that it's the biopsy that's making her say TTA. 

I would listen to the nurse (although I have a hard time doing this myself) if I were you.  Look at it as a chance to clear out any obstacles that may be making this journey a challenge.

Good luck and I know it's difficult to TTA when all you want is to be pregnant.Smile

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I vae had an endometrial biopsy, not fun but effective to tell if your lining is ok and to see the amount of emdometrial tissue you might have.

HSG also fun.. I didn't mind it it was a like a Pap.. with dye you can see on a screen. I was so amazed. Only pain you might feel is if one of your tubes is blocked they will push more dye thru.

Also I've hear the next 3 months after a HSG gives you an increase chance somethign with the dye and losinging up everything in there.

Good luck.

• Loading the player...
  • I have only had one m/c, but did have the HSG & blood tests. My HSG test was not bad at all, but I took 800 mg. of Advil an hour before. And I got pregnant in May after having the tubes checked in March. I hope that you get good results with all tests. The blood tests can really help pinpoint some easy things to fix. I am on femara for an ovulatory dysfunction (I think it was slightly low progesterone after ovulation). Good luck!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I dont have any answers to your questions but I wanted to say that I am sorry for your losses. 

And I love your siggie pic! 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"