Houston Babies
Options

Flu Shot Locations for Toddler?

My 21-mth old son is visiting his grandparents there in Houston and I want him to get a flu shot.  Where can he go?  I've called a few pedi offices, but was told that he had to be a patient to get the shot.  Any tips?

Re: Flu Shot Locations for Toddler?

• Options
    Health clinics should do it.
    Kelly, Mom to Noah 8.27.05 (born at 26 weeks)
  • Options
    Sorry...I forgot to mention that I am not familiar with the area.  Can anyone recommend a health clinic in the Houston area?
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

Here is a list of locations on the city's site - https://www.houstontx.gov/health/HealthCenters/index.html

Kelly, Mom to Noah 8.27.05 (born at 26 weeks)
  • Options
    Most grocery stores have pharmacy's that have been advertising flu shots.  HEB, another Texas based grocery store, have Redi Clinics in them and I believe they should be able to give flu shots as well, and they take most people "off the streets", as in you don't have to be a patient.
    image Oh Joy to the World!!
  • Options

imageJamicanBride:
    Most grocery stores have pharmacy's that have been advertising flu shots.  HEB, another Texas based grocery store, have Redi Clinics in them and I believe they should be able to give flu shots as well, and they take most people "off the streets", as in you don't have to be a patient.

I don't think they will take toddler's though.  I just got mine at Walgreen's and they said if the child is under 7, you have to go to the Pedi.  Not sure if that's really true, but that's what I was told when I tried to get one from DD on Friday.  Now we're waiting for her 2 year check up next Monday.

• Options
    imagelilrunner:

imageJamicanBride:

I don't think they will take toddler's though.  I just got mine at Walgreen's and they said if the child is under 7, you have to go to the Pedi.  Not sure if that's really true, but that's what I was told when I tried to get one from DD on Friday.  Now we're waiting for her 2 year check up next Monday.

Good point.....yikes.  I know over the past couple of weeks some news stations have been advertising free immunizations throughout Houston, I wonder if they would ever do flu shots like that?    

ETA:  You're correct.  I just looked up Redi Clinic and the list says 4+

image Oh Joy to the World!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"