Baby Showers
Options

Vent

Ok so I know I am cranky but here goes:

Ok my life group from church has a few pregnant girls. One of them due first, her (stacy) husband is in med school and is away. She lives here in the DFW area and her family lives about 4hours away.

So about a few weeks ago our group leader sent us out an email stating she was not going to get a shower unless we all pitched in and helped her cousin throw one together. So we all pitch in. Come to find out there is going to be a shower in her home town and one here,so 2 showers. Ok that is fine. Then I find out she has two complete hostesses... So my question to you is: is it tacky to have approx. 12 girls pitch in (prepare things including: invites, cake, snacks, decor) basically the whole shower... if she has two perfectly capable hostesses and then be expected to bring a gift?

I know this sounds silly, but for some reason I am annoyed by this.

Please don't flame me. lol

Re: Vent

• Options

I do not blame you at all if she has 2 hostesses then I am with you on this one. Why do the other 12 have to do what the hostesses are supposed to do?

• Options

Good, My point exactly

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I would be annoyed as well
    "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy."
    ~Benjamin Franklin

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    DS dx with celiac disease 5/28/10

• Options
    Wait. What? Someone (or two) is hosting but 12 addt'l people are doing all the work? SCREW THAT! I wouldnt do a damn thing if I was one of the 12 people.
  • Options
    As annoying as it is.... she obviously wouldn't have come to the church if she didn't need the help. Just take it for what it is as a ministry/ outreach to a mom to be in your church.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

BFP#1 on 02/14/09 BIRTH to Mason 6lb9oz on 10/12/09

BFP#2 on 5/28/11 EDD 2/1/12 Natural M/C on 6/13/11

BFP#3 on 1/20/12 EDD 9/30/12 Natural m/c on 1/27/12

BFP#4 on 4/23/12 BIRTH to Isabella 7lb1oz on 12/19/12

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"