1st Trimester
Options

?Average you would spend for baby furniture?

Just curious out there---how much is the average you would spend for a room of babies furniture (brand new---crib, dresser/changing table, chair/foot rest)?  TIA

Re: ?Average you would spend for baby furniture?

• Options
    I'm not sure how much things cost since I haven't been window shopping for nursery furniture, but we've pretty much decided to get the best because we're going to use it for the next babies.

BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    The set we like is about 650 for everything....but not the chair
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I would say 200-300 for the crib, same with the dresser and 150-200 for the changing table.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I picked out my crib, its $600, $700 with delivery.  I already have an armoire, it waas $1000.  I plan on spending $200 on a glider, and I am revamping an old dresser that I love into a changing table/dresser , that project will cost me $300. 
    Asher Benjamin and Lola Aisling

Infertility
    PCOS, Progesterone Deficiency Disorder, Multiple Miscarriage
    Clomid, Metformin, Ovadril, PIO, P17 Iron/Platlet Tranfusion

My Spring Babies! 
    <3 Angel Baby   Elisabeth Adelle  April 2008 <3
    Asher Benjamin  April 2010
    Lola Aisling  May 2014
  • Options

imageMarried2003:
    I would say 200-300 for the crib, same with the dresser and 150-200 for the changing table.

This minus the changer.

• Options

For DS's stuff:

$360 for the crib plus $80 for matress.

$350 for long dresser that we use as a changing table.  Good quality and one of our kids will hopefully take it to their first apartment.  

$400 for the rocker recliner.  Best purchase I made. So glad I didn't get a glider.  I think there is a permanent butt print on it.  I still sleep in it when DS has a bad night.  

Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    The crib I want is around $500 but I wouldn't spend as much on the dresser and zero on a chair because we have one. I just figured as long as we get the conversion kit then this bed will last our child for a long time.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

Crib- $450

Glider with footrest $250

Dresser- depending on how long we intent to use it $450

I think if you get really sturdy furniture with the intention of using it for the long term than it is worth it to pay more. My sister bought a dresser for her DD and spent $500 on it but my niece is now 7 and the dresser is still beautiful and fully functional.   

• Options
    I have full intentions on buying a set that I can use for years.  What I found will be $3200 and DH is saying NO WAY!  I looked at cheaper things and they seemed so poorly made and were still a couple hundred dollars for each piece.  I just wanted to know what others were doing in order to gather information to justify my case with the hubs!
  • Options

Not as much as everyone else!  LOL

We already have a nice dresser in our guest room that we will use for the baby, I am not planning on an expensive convertible crib becaue I figured it would be more fun to let them pick a "fun" kids bed out when they are a little older. So maybe $200.00 on a crib, or I might get my SIL hand me down for free.  I guess that leaves a glider with foot rest and bookshelves. So, a few hundred tops.  I will be investing in a flat screen though.  I figure I will be spending quite a few nights in there.

• Options

For DS we spent about $1000 total on a crib, change table, glider with foot rest and flat screen tv for the room.  We had a dresser/head board/nightstand in that room already so we re-used the dresser and got the other furniture to closely match it.  And we didn't go for the convertible crib, since we already had the furniture for that room once the baby gets out of the crib. 

Well worth it, since it is all going to be used for baby #2 in April.

GL

• Options

We're planning on spending around $300 on the crib.

I'm not buying a changing table, but we are getting two sets of dresser drawers from Ikea. They're untreated, so we're going to paint/stain them to match the crib. They're only $40 each.

Not sure about the chair though.

Evelyn (3.24.10), Graham (5.30.13) & Miles (8.28.16)
  • Options
    We're going a little different route.  The furniture we have in our room is sage and oak colored- perfect for a baby's room.  DH also doesn't care much for it for our room (it was mine from before we got married) so he's happy to buy new furniture for us!  We'll get a crib, of course, and probably a glider so I don't really know how much we'll spend in the end.
    Formerly known as elmoali :)

• Options
    I have a set picked out Crib, mattress, Armiore, dresser, and rocker for about $3500. It is convetible and will last a long time.
  • Options
    I plan to stay under $1500, and we need everything!  Dresser, gilder, crib, changer, amoire, etc.  I agree with OP's that its nice to buy quality furniture we can use w/next child, not crap that will fall apart in a year!
    Chemical Pregnancy 5.2011. BFP 9.2011 MC @ 8.5w D&C 11.4.2011 sweet pea is always in our hearts. BFP 3.23.2012! Our baby turkey is due 11.22.2012! Pregnancy Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

We plan on keeping it under $200 for the crib.  We have a dresser that I also plan on using for a changing table as well as a rocking chair.  We also have a loveseat in the room and I know I'm going to be spending some time on.

• Options

We already have a glider/footrest that was purchased many years ago.  We plan to spend around $600 total for a crib and a dresser/changer.

I used the Baby Bargains book to narrow down my choices to the best rated brands, then just started looking at those and picked out what we liked best within our budget.

• Options

For DD we got the crib from MIL as a generous shower gift, the glider as a floor sample for about 60%off, we used our exsisting long dresser as her changing table (she was in our room for her first year) and bought a clear Rubbermaid set of drawers that she still uses for her clothes for now (most hang up so it fits perfectly.......for awhile longer anyway).

Diaper Champ, diaper caddy, diaper changing supplies were all shower gifts. Bedding set was from Walmart for $40.

So at max we spent $300 and that is for all really popular and nice quality things (save for the "dresser" of course lol).

• Options
    imagehomebird:

We're planning on spending around $300 on the crib.

I'm not buying a changing table, but we are getting two sets of dresser drawers from Ikea. They're untreated, so we're going to paint/stain them to match the crib. They're only $40 each.

Not sure about the chair though.

This is almost exactly what we are doing.  We are only getting one dresser and an armoire from ikea.  We will be purchasing a recliner instead of a glider for around $200

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"