Minnesota Babies
Options

Thermometers and Baby Carriers

My husband and I started our baby registry this weekend and weren't sure what to register for when it came to thermometers and a front baby carrier. I'm hoping someone can make a recommendation. For the thermometer I've heard that the ear one isn't the most reliable. I also saw they now make ones for the forehead, not sure about these though. As for baby carriers I know the baby bjorns are good, but we'd like something a little less expensive because we're not sure really how much we're going to be using it. I'd really appreciate any feedback! Thanks!

Re: Thermometers and Baby Carriers

• Options

My pedi recommends the forehead thermometer that you slide across the forehead. It's made by exergren (i believe) and they sell it at target for about $35 and Babies R us for about $50 (same exact one). We just have a regular digital thermometer that we can use under the arm, rectally or oral. Nothing special. We might end up getting the forehead one, but I'm not sure yet.

https://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2267477 

As far as a baby carrier, check out the Moby Wrap! It's only $40 bucks and there are several different positions that you can hold baby in it. It can be used from premie to 35 pounds. Also, your DH would also be able to wear it. It does take a little time to get used to wrapping around you and putting DC in it though, but well worth it!!

https://www.toysrus.com/search/index.jsp?kwCatId=&kw=moby%20wrap&origkw=moby%20wrap&f=Taxonomy/TRUS/2255957&sr=1 

• Options

I loved shopping for baby stuff so much fun stuff out there :) as of right now we only have a pasifer thermometer but will be getting the exergren one so. 

As far as Baby Carriers I LOVE my Baby T'kan it is around $60  like the moby has several different positions but you don't have to worry about wrapping it as it is 2 loops & one other support band. You can find it on Baby on Grand (I love that store in a very bad way)   Here is a link with videos & stuff.

https://www.babyktan.com/

• Loading the player...
  • Options

bjorns are actually HORRIBLE. They're bad for your back, and they're horrid for baby's backs and hips.

For a good carrier, check out the moby wrap, baby k'tan, ergo, beco, babyhawk (or other mei tai), kangaroo korner (made here in MN!), maya wrap, over the shoulder baby holder, peanut shell, hotsling or olives and applesauce. There's tons of other brands too...but those are all the ones I've seen and/or tried out in person, and they're all great quality.

For thermometers, we have the red cross 5 second one from target, it's been fantastic. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

We have a basic thermometer that's worked great thus far.  However, DD is very mobile now and screams when I try taking her temperture under her arm so we will be asking our pedi about the ear/forehead thermometers and their accuracy.

I really like our Moby.

imageimage

Children Photography Photo Credit: Heather Barta Photography

• Options
    We use the pacifier thermometer. She doesn't take a paci any other time...and it still works great. We really like it. As for carriers...we've only used ours once...to a twins game. We have the Infantino Front2Back Rider and it worked great...we've just never really had a need fir it.
    Ashley & Christian
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"