Trying to Get Pregnant
Options

9/11

My thoughts and prayers are with all this morning and throughout the day as we come to yet another September 11th.

Where were you when you heard the news?

I was in my 11th grade English class when the principal came over the loud speaker and told us.  I did not even know what the Twin Towers where.

God Bless the USA.

Re: 9/11

• Options

T&P for all those who lost someone that day.

It was my freshman year in college and I was in my athletic adviser's office trying to drop a class when we heard what happened and turned on the tv.  It was surreal.

• Options

Since it was in the morning, we also did nothing in school that day.  We just had the TV's on and talked about it in all of our classes.

I have to head to work, I will check back in this afternoon.

• Loading the player...
  • Options

I was in my senior year of college. I turned on the TV in my apartment shortly after waking up and thought it was a movie. When my roommate and I realized what was going on we basically sat there all morning. Classes were cancelled.

My DH is a firefighter and went to NYC as a part of the relief effort for 2 months. He got there the next day, and he still has nightmares about it, and all the funerals he attended during that time.

Always T&P to everyone who was affected. 

A+S | Met 8/24/06 | Married 9/27/08
    Started TTC 12/2008 | dx PCOS 5/2009
    6 failed clomid/femara/TI cycles, 1 failed clomid/ovidrel/IUI cycle
    Successful Cycle: 5/12/11 - 1000mg Metformin + 100mg Clomid(late response) + TI = BFP

2/13/12 - We proudly welcomed our daughter, Hadley Teresa!
    Lots of Luck to all of 3T/IF

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

www.MyVacationCountdown.com Ticker

• Options
    It was my first year working at the CBS station in Iowa.  I was in a sales meeting when someone came in and told us.  We went into the GM's office and say the second plane hit.  All our appointments were canceled and the building was on lockdown.  Because it was a TV station there were TV's everywhere and in our department we had one one each of the major networks.  It took until about 2pm to find out my uncle was not in the towers that morning, he was in a meeting in tribeca, thank god.  My heartfelt sorrow are with those that lost someone today.

TTC since July 2009. Dx MFI & LPD. 
    IUI#1&2&3 (2011 & 2012) BFN
    IUI#4 1/23/13 on 75iu x9 Follistim = BFP then chem preg m/c (Feb 2013)
    IUI#5 BFN (April 2013)
    IVF w/ICSI Oct. 2, 2012 - 13R, 11M, 7F, 1 frozen blast 4BB grade - - - FET Nov 15, 2013
    BFP! Beta 1:104 @ 10dp6dt, Beta 2:178 @ 12dp6dt,  beta 3:366 @ 14dp6dt
    Saw heartbeat twice before missed M/C at 8w3d on 12/27/13, missing my little angel boy
    JUNE 2014 IVF#2;  5R, 2M, 1F Three day transfer 6/7.  Beta 6/18 - BFN
    Child Free Now?
    S/PAIFW , S/PALW

My Blog

• Options

I was a freshman at Auburn University. I had just gotten out of my French class and was walking back to my dorm with my future SIL. We saw another sister when we got into the lobby of my dorm, and she said, "Have you turned on the TV?"

We went in my room and turned on the TV and I don't think we moved the rest of the day.

My T & P are with the families of the victim today.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

My T&P go out to any of you that may have lost a loved one. 

Now I feel old.  I was already out of college and had been working a few years.  I had to drive out of town to a client and was pulling into the parking lot or had just parked and entered the building when it happened.  I didn't watch the news all day... I worked.  I think everyone else at the client watched tv all day, but I had stuff to get done.

TTC #1 since October 2008. Dealing with MFI.
    IVF #1 w ICSI in July 2010 = BFN
    IVF #2.1 in Oct 2010 converted to IUI = BFN
    IVF #2.2 w ICSI in Dec 2010 = BFN
    Met with new RE in new city on 1/31/11.
    IVF #3 w ICSI in April 2011. HPT on 5/9 = BFP!
    Beta #1 on 5/10 (10dp5dt) = 99.4. Beta #2 on 5/12 = 284. First u/s on 5/26. = Fraternal TWINS!
    Twin boys born & lost on 8/16/11 at 18w1d due to PPROM & preterm labor.
    IVF #4.1 in Jan 2012 converted to IUI on 1/7/12 = BFN
    IVF #4.2 w ICSI in Feb 2012. Lupron on 2/10. Stims on 2/18. ER on 2/29- 7R,6F
    ET scheduled for 3/5/12- nothing to transfer :(
    Dh seeing new MFI uro & Dh starting meds- June 2012.
    IVF #5 in Dec 2012 = BFFN.
    IVF #6 planned for Spring 2013. Praying for our take home baby/ies.
    **P/SAIF and P/SAL always welcome!**

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
  • Options

My thoughs and prayers are with anyone affected 8 years ago.

In 2000, I had gone to NYC with my school. We went into the twin towers, the pictures dont give justice to how amazingly huge these two buildings were. 

I was in my senior year of high school, watching a video for a class. Before class was let out, our principal came over the intercom and told us. being naive all of us thought it was an accident, until my History teacher, whoes class I was in, told us it was probably a terroirst attack. Everyone went to the second class where the tvs were all turned on to NBC and the entire school watched the second plane hit. I remember grabbing onto the guy who sat next to me when the second plane hit. I felt like I was in a movie.

I've been back to NYC a couple times since then, it's so odd to see the place once filled by two of the biggest buildings i had ever seen empty. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    I was supposed to be off work that day, but I had a meeting instead. The meeting felt like it was never going to end and they wouldn't let us watch TV/listen to the radio. People were afraid they were going to start to close the bridges, because the Air Force Base is right there.
  • Options
    imageillinigal:

My T&P go out to any of you that may have lost a loved one. 

Now I feel old.  I was already out of college and had been working a few years.  I had to drive out of town to a client and was pulling into the parking lot or had just parked and entered the building when it happened.  I didn't watch the news all day... I worked.  I think everyone else at the client watched tv all day, but I had stuff to get done.

Don't feel too old - I was already out of college and law school!  I was in my second day working at a new firm - the FedEx guy told us about it.  I had just moved to Vermont and my family was in Pittsburgh.  I had no idea how close to Pittsburgh Flight 93 was and was terrified!

T&Ps to everyone who lost a loved one.

• Options

I feel so old now that most of you were in HS or college.  I had been out of college for about 5 yrs!!!

I was at work and we saw it over the internet, news, etc.  I had a coworker who's parents worked near/at (can't remember now) the twin towers.  I was engaged to someone else at the time and he was actually on a plane heading home, of course he got stuck as they were forced to land.  I also have a sorority sister that lives in NY and all of us were calling, trying to get in touch w/her to ensure her and her DH were ok. I also had clients up there and most of them were affected.

I remember hearly many stories for days, weeks, etc.

It was really weird and surreal.

I remember it all clearly.

Very sad, and T&P w/all those that were affected.

• Options
    I was a senior in college in VA.  I was walking to breakfast and I stopped by my friend's room.  I thought they were watching a movie for a second until the first tower started to fall.  All classes were canceled that day. 

imageimage
    2 years, 2 surgeries, 2 clomid fails, 2 IUIs, 1 loss, IVF #1 - 10/25/10 = BFP!, DS is now 3.5yrs!
    TTC #2 - 6/12 surgery #3, FET #1 & 1.2 = BFN, 12/2012 FET #2 = BFP! DD is 1.5 yrs!
    Surprise! 12/16/14 BFP, loss #2 12/31/14

I can't wait for the "im getting a divorce" post in 5 years or so because your husbands were fed up with your disgusting chair asses from playing on the knot all day and getting fired 4-5 times for not doing any work. you guys are all winners!! ~ Laur929

• Options

Thanks for this post.  I lost co-workers that day on the planes.  The whole day changed the direction of my life- and asa a result, Dh and I made some life-altering changes.

I was a flight attendant for United Airlines at the time (DH worked there, too). We lived in DC then.  Our parents called us to tell us about NYC.  Then, our whole apartment building shook-- we later learned it was the "after burners" on the Air Force jets responding to the Shanksville crash.  We saw the Pentagon burning-- traffic snarled the highways. 

Love, luck, and prayers to my BFPB Dr. SnowflakeBride

• Options

I was a senior in college having breakfast at a coffee shop with my roomate. We heard it from the waitress. We got in the car and turned on the radio, we heard the second plane hit the second tour and witnessed the rest of that scary day on the news with our other roomates.

I lived outside of Boston and I was scared and creeped out and disgusted by what had happened. I remember not wanting to leave my apt. because I just didn't feel safe. 

What I will also never forget is what a beautiful day weatherwise it was, it was just sunny and clear and everyone on campus was just milling about not sure what to do next.

The other thing I remember clearly is how quiet it was in the sky without any planes flying over head (we were near a route to Logan).

My heart still aches for the family and friends that lost loved ones.

6/09 right tube loss (fallopian torsion) 12/09 BFP #1 (DD born 9/10)
    8/12 dx Lupus (ANA+/APA-), 12/12 BFP #2  natural m/c 6w 2d 
    TTC#2  since 9/12  50mg Clomid/Ovidrel IUI #1 Beta 10/4=BFN
                                 50mg Clomid/Ovidrel IUI #2 Beta 11/1= BFN
                                      100 mg Clomid/Ovidrel IUI #3 Beta 12/26=BFFN
    100 mg Clomid/Ovidrel IUI #4 Beta 2/14= BFFN
    Took a LONG Break
    Lots of Luck and Love BFPB for life KOFMKG
  • Options
    it was the beginning of my senior year in hs. i was in marching band and we had to go outside to practice our show, but in the next class we just watched the news coverage all hour.
    Baby Birthday Ticker TickerPregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    I was doing my student teaching. The teacher came back into the classroom and wispered in my ear what happened and then I had to go on with what I was talking about without letting on that something horrible had happened.
  • Options
    Once again, my screen refreshed showing this post AFTER I posted mine above. Sorry for the repost.
    i carry your heart with me(i carry it in my heart)

Cooper+Evie=Soulmates

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

• Options

I had just graduated from college and was spending some time at my parents house.  My dad came and woke me up right after they reported the first plane hitting.  I was sitting with him at the kitchen table when we saw the second plane.  I was terrified, horrified, and sad all at the same time.  Most of my day was spent in front of the tv consumed with the coverage.

Hug your loved ones tight today and everyday.

• Options
    I was at school in my government class.  One of the kids in my class, Rob, said that it was probably a terrorist attack.  My teacher said nooooooo.  The next day the teacher apoligized to him.  We watched CNN like all day.
    Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • Options

It was my 15th birthday.  I was in the guidance counselor's office waiting to meet on some pre-college course planning when the principal came over the loudspeaker.  We were not even told until after 10.

I remember being terrified because my dad was supposed to be on a cross-country flight that day.  However, since it was my birthday, he took a later flight so he could say good morning to me.  He ended up not being allowed to even leave. 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"