Texas Babies

What pedi do most of ya'll use??

I know that many of ya'll go to the same pedi.......I was wondering who it is.  I have a friend looking for a rec..
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: What pedi do most of ya'll use??

• I think a few of us use Dr. Pauli. 
  • Alright, I am going to stir this pot! I quit Dr. Pauli with NE Peds (don don don!).

We have been battling the ear infection fairy non stop since late July. DS had 2 ear infections. I called both times first thing in the morning and NOBODY in the practice could see him  either time! They just referred me to urgent care. My kid had a 103.7 temp on Motrin, he needed to be seen!

He also cancelled BOTH of my 4:30 on Friday well visits because of "scheduling conflicts". I am a working mom and this is unacceptable! I have to carefully schedule appointments and randomly canceling them so he can head out early on Friday afternoon is a deal breaker.

I switched to Dr. Brandy McCray with Through the Years Pediatrics and I love her. My boss' twins go there so she came very highly recommended.

She is a one doctor practice (about to expand to two) and I have gotten in whenever needed INCLUDING on 10 minutes notice after trying to get Dr. Pauli's nurse to squeeze me in sometime that day.

I also feel like I have a better personal relationship with her. Dr. Pauli was nice, but I sometimes felt he was too busy to really ask questions. I think this is just a product of having a large practice.

She has been working really diligently to help with the ear infections and she just referred me to an ENT as he is going to need tubes.

Wow... I guess that was really long but I've been meaning to tell y'all.
  • Loading the player...
  • Thanks for the info LIndsay.  I like Pauli, but we've been really fortunate in that Elise has never been sick.  So we've only been to the pedi for well appts.  My only complaint is the wait. (and I've always complained about that.) We had her 9 m well appt yesterday at 8:30. We were called back at 8:45 and saw Dr Pauli at 9. Then we had to wait for shots etc etc... we didn't walk out of there until 9:45. So that is annoying.... 
  • we use Dr Beck over on Fredericksburg behind USAA.  My sister has been using him for years and several of her friends who are pediatric nurses use him as well.

I can usually get Sarah seen the same day if I call first thing in the morning.  We sometimes have to wait in the exam room, but mainly because he spends at least 30 minutes with each patient - regardless of what they come in for!  He basically does the full "well baby" check every time you go, in addition to anything that may be wrong.  

Just FYI though, Dr Beck is certified in pediatric infectious diseases and has a degree from Harvard in public health.  If you are looking for a pedi that does an alternate vaccination schedule - Dr. Beck is NOT the one to see.  He will spend a lot of time talking to you about vaccinations though, and let you know exactly why he recommends each one. 

https://www.macgregormed.com/mmc/beck.shtml 

• thanks girls!!  Lindsey, I appreciate hearing your input.  I've noticed that dr's who have a large patient load can get to that point......
  • Yikes Lindsey - I would have been so frustrated with that, too!

We see Dr. Benbow at Southwest Children's Center and have been really happy with him.  There have been a couple of times when we needed to get in right away, and if he is full we're always able to get in with someone else in his practice.  We've ended up with Dr. Boylston on those times, and we really like her, too.

• We use Dr. Lewis Purnell at the Southwest Children's Center (same place as Amy's Dr. Benbow).  I love him.  He is really nice, very easy to talk to, spends time with you if you have lots of questions, and if Kate gets sick, I can always get in almost right away to see someone in the office (8 total pedis).  We've seen quite a few of them and they're always all very nice.
  • Beth! Dr. Purnell was MY pediatrician!!!!!! I love him. Whenever we have kids I really want to be able to take my kids to him, but he's not one of our preferred providers. =( He used to live next to my grandmother. I'm so glad you like him!
  • imagetxdaisygal:
    Beth! Dr. Purnell was MY pediatrician!!!!!! I love him. Whenever we have kids I really want to be able to take my kids to him, but he's not one of our preferred providers. =( He used to live next to my grandmother. I'm so glad you like him!

How funny :o)  He's a really nice guy.  We got lucky to find him!

• imageLindsayMarieG:

I switched to Dr. Brandy McCray with Through the Years Pediatrics and I love her. My boss' twins go there so she came very highly recommended.

She is a one doctor practice (about to expand to two) and I have gotten in whenever needed INCLUDING on 10 minutes notice after trying to get Dr. Pauli's nurse to squeeze me in sometime that day.

Sorry to hear about your troubles with Dr. Pauli. Glad you were able to find a good fit with Dr. McCray. We almost went with her but I just had a better connection with Dr. Ferreris.

So...to answer the orginial question...I take Josh to Dr. Ferreris at Children First Pediatrics and love, love, love him! Some of you know about Josh's medical history and having a pediatrician like Dr. Ferreris has made all the difference. He always returns my calls promptly and is so personable. Josh has also been cared for two of the other physicians in the practice (there are 4 but one just started there recently) and my experiences with them have been pleasant as well.

• I'm late to this, but we just switched Hunter's pedi. He used to see doctors at San Antonio Pediatrics Assoc. I needed to take him on Friday for a rash that he'd had for a while. They didn't have any last minute appointments, which has been the case for the last several times I've needed to take him in. I remembered a pedi that I'd heard about when I was pregnant with H and looked him up. His name is Dr. Kaldas at Alpha Pediatrics. They had an appt available for just a few hours after I called them, and were happy to see him. I read a few reviews online and everyone seems to love him. I really liked him, and plan to switch H over to him along with the new baby. He's in the Stone Oak area.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"