Georgia Babies
Options

3 days late and 2 BFN. How important is FMU?

I tested for the 2nd time this afternoon and got a BFN.  Could there still be a chance?  FertilityFriend said not to test until yesterday.  Of course I cheated earlier this weekend by testing on Saturday so I did not have one on hand and never got out yesterday.  Shouldn't I be testing positive at 17dpo no matter what time of day I test?

Re: 3 days late and 2 BFN. How important is FMU?

• Options
     I don't know Carrie, stranger things have happened.  Here's to hoping a BFP for you any day now.  Fingers Crossed.  btw, what is FMU?
  • Options

I got a bunch of negatives when I was first pg because I kept testing in the afternoon--plus I drink so much water and it diluted the test.

I never got a positive until 18 DPO when I took the test in the am first thing.

Good Luck!!

• Loading the player...
  • Options

FMU is best only because it is more concentrated. If you can hold it for 4-8 hours it should be as accurate as if you tested first thing in the morning.

I really, truly hope this is it for you! Thinking good thoughts!

Pregnancy Ticker

DD- 9
    DS-6
    c/p- April 2016
    missed m/c- 6w5d; discovered 8w2d- September 2016

• Options
    For some unknown reason I didn't get a BFP until 20dpo and I was even using FMU. I was positive I was going to start my period any day. Don't give up yet and GL!!
    Derek 6.30.09 & Parker 4.1.11
    Family
  • Options

If you are testing earlier in the game, I'd sat FMU is important.  Otherwise it gets diluted.  If you're a week late, i wouldn't think it would matter.

Keeping my fingers crossed for you!

• Options
    I have no idea about the answer to your question, but my fingers are crossed for you!!!
  • Options

I'm hoping this is it!!

Jack 3.5.07 / Ethan 9.17.08 / Lauren 4.3.11 image
  • Options
    I think it all depends on the person, but OMGOMGOMG I'm going to be waiting with baited breath and crossing everything I've got for you guys!!!  PLEASE keep us posted ASAP and I'll be thinking about you....
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I'm so excited for you and hoping and praying that this is it!!!!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Keeping my fingers crossed for you! 
  • Options

Carrie, I hope this will soon be a BFP. It depends on the concentration of the urine and the sensitivity of the test. Do you know the lowest levels the test will detect? Surprisingly, I think the dollar store brand is one of the ones that will detect the lowest levels. There are more, but I can't remember. Even the ones that say they can detect up to X number of days before your period is due may not be as sensitive. Also, PP is right; if you can old your urine for several hours and not drink anything (or very little), then you can have more concentrated urine for the test, like FMU. Best wishes to you!!!

P.S. FMU=first morning urine. 

Photo by Everything Nice Photography
    My blog
  • Options
    Fingers are crossed for you!  Try with a FRER with FMU.  Those are the most sensitive that you can buy in stores. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Everyone else gave you great responses... just wanted to add my Good Luck!  Is your IUI scheduled for next month?  I've been thinking about you... fingers and toes crossed that you'll get your sticky BFP soon!
    Mommy to Abigail Elizabeth (11/4/11) and Brady Jasper (7/2/09)
    my blog
  • Options
    Crossing my fingers and toes for you. I hope this is it! I normally checked first thing in the morning since the urine is concentrated then. I think the test I took caught my BFP at 5 weeks. Good luck!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    I think everyone else covered it. I just wanted to say my fingers are crossed and good luck.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Well, I don't really know about the FMU but I just wanted to say that I am praying this is it!!!

• Options
    I hope and pray this is it for you!!!!
    Abigail Taylor 09.18.2008

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
  • Options
    My fingers are crossed.     I hope this is it for you!!!
  • Options
    Had to add my hope too...I hope, hope, hope this is it for you!!!
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Sending lots of big positive baby dust your way.  I heard morning is the best time to take it. 
  • Options

Keep us posted!  I really hope this is it for you guys!  Are you sure you know exactly when you ovulated?  Is it possible you ovulated later and you aren't really 17dpo? 

Good luck!!!!

• Options
    I don't have any advice to add, but I just wanted to say good luck, and I am hoping and praying for you!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Keeping my fingers crossed for you!!
  • Options

Not sure, but sure hoping this is your miracle. When I got my BFP (after IVF), I got a negative test in the morning and my BFP that night...

Hoping for your miracle...

Rebecca

• Options
    Just wanted to throw in a great big bfp wish too. Praying for your miracle. 
  • Options
    I'm late to the party, but wanted to send my good wishes! Lotsa sticky sticky dust for you!
    Lil' G was born April 25, 2008! Big C was born September 28, 2011! Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options

And your temp is still high? I am keeping my fingers crossed for you!

• Options
    Hoping for a BFP for you!
  • Options
    I hope that since I didn't see a post that you are still hanging in there and I am sending you all the baby dust that is out there.  I have my fingers crossed for you.   Hugs!
  • Options

imageMelliebugs:
    I hope that since I didn't see a post that you are still hanging in there and I am sending you all the baby dust that is out there.  I have my fingers crossed for you.   Hugs!

Ditto!!!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"