Orange County Babies
Options

Help me decide on OB...

I have narrowed my OBGYN selection down to the following:

Weatherford Clayton, Jonathan Wheeler, Gregory Dirocco, Richard Agnew, Patricia Korber or Christina Lee.

Can anyone recommend any of these?

Re: Help me decide on OB...

• Options

Ok, here we go on the three who have delivered friend's babies. While I recognize that every delivery situation is different and people will face a variety of challenges, I can say that each of my friends still love their docs. I think this is primarily b/c their LO's were safe and sound when it was all said and done. But for a little insight, see below. If it were me, I'd probably go with Lee. All of these girls delivered at Hoag.

Clayton: personalized attention -but- my friend who is a smaller girl had her baby completely crowning before they all realized the baby was too big to get thru her pelvis and did an emerg c-section. So basically she delivered a baby both ways.

Wheeler: delivered a LOT of people I know. Seems to have a good following. My closest friend who delivered with him likes him a lot but he put her on bedrest at 4 mos due to low amniotic fluid. She finally took herself off at 8 mos against his orders (i know, i know) and her fluid levels shot up. She was bummed to have been on BR for 4 mos sort of unnecessarily but she's back with him on the second pregnancy right now and still thinks he's great.

Lee: Was the OB for two friend's babies. First was 3 weeks early, easy delivery, perfect. Second was 1 week late and after 20 hours  +/- an emerg C was needed and Dr. Lee came in to do it herself. Friend was surprised to see her b/c it's such a large practice.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Also, Dr Ricci (from your list on the PP) delivered one of the fellow bumpies 2nd LO and she LOVED her. She mentioned she considered switching to her for the next one due to the excellent experience.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Dr. Clayton is mine and I love him. True, everyone has their own experience. He came recommended from a friend that worked at Hoag at the time. The only complaint is that he is really popular and sometimes has 20-30 wait times. Not often but does happen.
  • Options

about your last list also... i was on bedrest at the hospital for low fluid for 2 weeks.. and oddly enough the day i left my fluid level also went up.. its bc bed rest is bad for the mind. but i digress- i saw dr ricci in the hospital and shes so fun and energetic i really like her, as well as dr jennifer lee, who would just pop into my room to talk to me because she knew that all antepartum patients are bored out of their minds.  Dr wheeler is really popular amoung my circle of friends also.

• Options
    Dr. Lee is my OB and delivered my little girl. I don't have any bad to say about her, she took good care of me and def. will deliver my 2nd :) someday.
    Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Diaz delivered my first.  I really like her alot.  She is sweet, too the point and sometimes a little too serious but I have been going to her for 8 years.  Ricci delivered my second (Diaz was on vacation) and I really loved her.  I felt like she told me more about what was going on and explained more and has a little bit more of a personality.  Not sure if I would switch to Ricci for #3 just because I have such a long history with Diaz but I think both were good experiences.
  • Options
    Good to hear positive stories about Dr. Christina Lee.  She's my OB too and so far, she's been great.  I have no complaints at all!  Hopefully she'll be able to deliver when the time comes. 
  • Options

I had Korber the 1st pregnancy.  However, she's since gone out of the OB practice from my understanding.

Switched to Dr. Christina Lee with the last pregnancy from great recs here and otherwise, and she was great.  Very thorough, patient, open to questions about anything (even with this 2nd pregnancy).   She did not deliver me though:(  Dr. Dirocco was on call and delivered my LO.  He was nice. Also the one who saw me in the hospital before I left.  Not much interaction with him otherwise, so I can't offer more than that.

GL!

• Options
    Even though Dr. Kroll is my OB, Dr. Christina Lee did my c-section because she was the doctor on call when my water broke and I went into labor.  I have not had a ton of contact with her, but she was very nice during that stressful time, and I have no complaints.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"